Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wierd mobile phone problem

I have tried to delete the sent text messages from my mobile phone today.

All the texts have been deleted except one. If I try to open or delete this
text then the phone just reboots itself.

Any ideas why?

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/10/09 10:33, ARWadsworth wrote:

I have tried to delete the sent text messages from my mobile phone today.

All the texts have been deleted except one. If I try to open or delete
this text then the phone just reboots itself.

Any ideas why?

Can you tell (e.g. based on where it was sent from) if it's a "normal"
text sent by a person from another phone, or an automated one sent by a
server somewhere?

Does you phone have a menu option to delete all text messages, rather
than deleting them individually?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 10/10/09 10:33, ARWadsworth wrote:

I have tried to delete the sent text messages from my mobile phone today.

All the texts have been deleted except one. If I try to open or delete
this text then the phone just reboots itself.

Any ideas why?

Can you tell (e.g. based on where it was sent from) if it's a "normal"
text sent by a person from another phone, or an automated one sent by a
server somewhere?

It is a message that I sent. So I assume that I wrote it.

Does you phone have a menu option to delete all text messages, rather than
deleting them individually?

Yes, I have just found that option in the menu after your suggestion. I now
have "Delete all read messages from folder" on my screen. Just one second
whislt I click OK.

And the message has gone.

Thanks for that. I was initially deleting them one by one as I needed to
save some info from some of the texts.

Any ideas why it would not delete when I tried it the otherway?

Cheers

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Any ideas why it would not delete when I tried it the otherway?

Either a software bug, or possibly you somehow introduced a sequence
of numbers or special characters into a message that triggered the
message to be handled differently (the network operators use this sort
of text message to control the phone configuration).