Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wireless Telephone Extension through Ring Mains

Does anybody know where I can find a wireless telephone extension that
carries the signal through the ring mains?

I want one to connect my sky HD in the living room without having to
install wiring. I don't want to use a standard DECT system as i
already have three devices running on 2.4GHz (router/telephones/video
sender).

I have seen some literature on the net about them (e.g. Easy Jack) but
nobody that actually sells them!

Many thanks, Miguel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Miguel Sasso" wrote in message
Does anybody know where I can find a wireless telephone extension that
carries the signal through the ring mains?

I want one to connect my sky HD in the living room without having to
install wiring. I don't want to use a standard DECT system as i
already have three devices running on 2.4GHz (router/telephones/video
sender).

DECT doesn't use 2.4GHz so use dect.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 6 Oct, 15:33, "dennis@home" wrote:
"Miguel Sasso" wrote in message

Does anybody know where I can find a wireless telephone extension that
carries the signal through the ring mains?

I want one to connect my sky HD in the living room without having to
install wiring. *I don't want to use a standard DECT system as i
already have three devices running on 2.4GHz (router/telephones/video
sender).

DECT doesn't use 2.4GHz so use dect.

Rright enough. I had it in my head it did for some reason! Thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Miguel Sasso wrote:
Does anybody know where I can find a wireless telephone extension that
carries the signal through the ring mains?

I want one to connect my sky HD in the living room without having to
install wiring. I don't want to use a standard DECT system as i
already have three devices running on 2.4GHz (router/telephones/video
sender).

What does 2.4GHz have to do with it? DECT doesn't run at 2.4GHz as it has its
own licenced frequency.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 07:26:27 -0700 (PDT), Miguel Sasso
wrote:

Does anybody know where I can find a wireless telephone extension that
carries the signal through the ring mains?

I want one to connect my sky HD in the living room without having to
install wiring. I don't want to use a standard DECT system as i
already have three devices running on 2.4GHz (router/telephones/video
sender).

I have seen some literature on the net about them (e.g. Easy Jack) but
nobody that actually sells them!

Many thanks, Miguel

I've got one from Maplins. I've also got a Denovo style "networking
through the mains" set up.

They both work perfectly and don't interfere with each other. The
telephone is as clear as any wired extension, and the Mains networking
runs about 85k bits/sec, and newer ones are faster.

All of these are said to radiate like buggery from the mains, but no
such problem has affected us.

Derek

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/10/09 15:26, Miguel Sasso wrote:

I don't want to use a standard DECT system as i
already have three devices running on 2.4GHz

DECT works between 1.88 and 1.93GHz (depending on which part of the
world you're in).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Derek Geldard
saying something like:

All of these are said to radiate like buggery from the mains, but no
such problem has affected us.

Quite so. You'd be singing a different tune if you wanted to listen to
Short Wave or were keen on HF communications.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Hi Derek

Maplins used to sell them but pretty sure they don't anymore (keep
finding a dead link to one on google). As a few folk have pointed
out, DECT doesn't run on 2.4GHz anyways so i'm just going to get an
extension that runs on DECT.

The 'ring mains' ones were becoming quite popular a few years ago, but
everyone seems to have forgotten about them!

Miguel

Telephone ring problem Harry Avant Home Repair 14 December 26th 07 02:01 PM
telephone extension cable Neil UK diy 22 December 28th 05 03:04 PM
Telephone - External Extension John Cartmell UK diy 9 August 26th 05 09:20 PM
Telephone extension wiring Graeme Eldred UK diy 9 February 4th 05 06:00 AM
Telephone Disconects on First Ring WayneSallee.com Electronics Repair 20 January 27th 05 05:58 AM