Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bare Central Heating Pump

Hi,

I have recently been researching new central heating pumps as the one
in our new house is rather old and noisy. I keep seeing references to
a "bare pump" on the web, try googling "grundfos bare pump" and you'll
see.

What is a "bare pump"? I wondered if it was just the new motor or
something, but that doesn't seem like the case.

Thanks,
BraileTrail
Posted to uk.d-i-y

BraileTrail wrote:

I have recently been researching new central heating pumps as the one
in our new house is rather old and noisy. I keep seeing references to
a "bare pump" on the web, try googling "grundfos bare pump" and you'll
see.

What is a "bare pump"? I wondered if it was just the new motor or
something, but that doesn't seem like the case.

I think it means without valves. I havent heard the term before, but a
google does show it.

What pump do you need? I've got a 'new' old pump sat in my shed for a
gravity fed coal fired system, free to anyone who wants to collect from
just South of Leicester.Looks a pretty std. gravity feed header style
central heating system pump.
Alan.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5 Oct, 16:07, (A.Lee) wrote:
I think it means without valves. I havent heard the term before, but a
google does show it.

Possible yes, but then I haven't seen any pumps being sold with valves
because you may need 22mm or 28mm or... pause Quick google /pause,
nope can't see any with valves.

What pump do you need? I've got a 'new' old pump sat in my shed for a
gravity fed coal fired system, free to anyone who wants to collect from
just South of Leicester.Looks a pretty std. gravity feed header style
central heating system pump.

Thanks for the offer, but I have ordered a new Gundfos unit. I am not
trying to replace like for like and will have to add some copper
because new pumps are considerable shorter than the old one.

BraileTrail
Posted to uk.d-i-y

BraileTrail wrote:
Hi,

I have recently been researching new central heating pumps as the one
in our new house is rather old and noisy. I keep seeing references to
a "bare pump" on the web, try googling "grundfos bare pump" and you'll
see.

What is a "bare pump"? I wondered if it was just the new motor or
something, but that doesn't seem like the case.

Thanks,
BraileTrail

It is a eunuch pump. ( no nuts!!)
in the box you get just the pump and two fibre washers. No nuts, no
valves etc. Bare pumps are designed for replacements to an existing
system. Full pumps are for new work.

Bob

central heating pump david UK diy 5 March 3rd 07 09:00 PM
Central Heating Pump John UK diy 26 February 22nd 07 07:02 PM
Central heating pump Aidan UK diy 5 May 22nd 06 03:28 PM
Central Heating pump? J UK diy 9 October 7th 05 08:32 PM
Several things wrong with new flat - no central heating, low hot water pressure even with water pump, noisey pump kiich UK diy 69 July 13th 05 07:36 PM