Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Melamine Restoration

I'm looking to touch up one of my worktops which has been badly burnt
by a pan (ie the missus). Some of the damage will probably see me down
to chipboard when preparing the job. I've looked into the topic and
I'm confident that with patience I can tackle it if I can find the
right colour match. A lot of 'melamine' paints I've seen around seem
limited in thier range of colour so I'm wondering if there's an
approach I can try that involves using paints not specifically
designed for use with melamine (model paints such as enamel for
example) and still achieve a convincing effect. I won't need large
amounts of paint if just restoring this area so if I can save money by
doing so then all the better.

how to cut melamine [email protected] Woodworking 16 September 5th 07 06:31 PM
Melamine a34655 Woodworking 9 February 1st 07 11:00 PM
Cutting Melamine [email protected] Home Repair 1 April 12th 06 01:40 AM
Joining Melamine Scott Woodworking 7 January 5th 05 10:42 PM
Does painting melamine contradict the reason for using melamine? Rich UK diy 1 July 10th 03 03:32 PM