Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Senior Member

Default Removal of CH pump motor head

I need to remove the motor head of one of the central heating circulator pumps at home.

The pump is a WILO Star RS25/7

I have removed the two screws that attach the head to the body but the two parts are still firmly attached to each other.

I have put WD-40 and other similar sprays that are supposed to help with stuck parts.

I have used a flat bit screwdriver in between the two parts at the corners.

I have not tried light hammering or other more forceful measures for fear of damaging the pump or the piping around it.

What should I try?

For the other two, smaller, Wilo pumps in the house, after removing the two screws the head came out relatively easily.

Thanks,

Antonio