Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Heat loss up chimney

We have a living flame gas fire in our front room. I only ever use it in
desparation and then only on low.

I am about to put a radiator in that room which will complete the central
heating I started nearly 15 years ago! I wonder how much of the heat from
the rad is simply going to dissapear up the chimney, I am guessing it will
be quite a bit.

Anyone any real life experience of this? I have looked at numbers on the net
but these are from people selling solutions.

Ta.

DPC heatbank heat loss Bodgit UK diy 4 May 16th 09 02:41 PM
Unused chimney as a source of heat loss? Solution? Jonathan Grobe Home Repair 8 June 2nd 08 03:50 AM
Chimney heat loss? ? ? Ray Home Repair 6 November 13th 07 11:05 PM
Heat loss calculations tomahawk_pa38 UK diy 5 January 12th 07 12:43 PM
IR Heat loss survey? William W. Plummer Home Repair 0 December 29th 04 01:12 AM