Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Scaffolding used in the Medway Area

Is this the normal type of scaffolding used by a handyman from Medway when
building a balcony deck, painting a wall or angle grinding pain off a window
sill?

http://i34.tinypic.com/2u6le81.jpg

Now the questions a

Did the customer tell him to do it this way?

Will he slag the customer off in one of the Usenet forums?

Could there be more questions to ask I wonder?

LOL

Posted to uk.d-i-y

LOL

Why?

http://www.inbar.int/nm_asp/main.asp...uage=engli sh

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Unbeliever wrote:
Is this the normal type of scaffolding used by a handyman from Medway
when building a balcony deck, painting a wall or angle grinding pain
off a window sill?

http://i34.tinypic.com/2u6le81.jpg

Now the questions a

Did the customer tell him to do it this way?

Will he slag the customer off in one of the Usenet forums?

Could there be more questions to ask I wonder?

The only real question is why are you such a sad tosser, who's only interest
seems to be slagging me off?

Try getting a life.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 18:15:59 +0100, Unbeliever wrote:

Is this the normal type of scaffolding used by a handyman from Medway when
building a balcony deck, painting a wall or angle grinding pain off a window
sill?

Not having any window sills that are in pain, I don't know.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Unbeliever wrote:
Is this the normal type of scaffolding used by a handyman from Medway
when building a balcony deck, painting a wall or angle grinding pain
off a window sill?

http://i34.tinypic.com/2u6le81.jpg

Now the questions a

Did the customer tell him to do it this way?

Will he slag the customer off in one of the Usenet forums?

Could there be more questions to ask I wonder?

The only real question is why are you such a sad tosser, who's only
interest seems to be slagging me off?

Were you mentioned by name?

Try getting a life.

Ah diddums, TMH has thrown his toys out of his pram again - must be a lack
of humour in that area!

Now I really do have a life - but as you were not specifically named
(deliberately) I would suggest that you must have a rather guilty conscience
to reply in that way! ROTFL

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 20:22:22 +0100, Unbeliever wrote:

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Unbeliever wrote:
Is this the normal type of scaffolding used by a handyman from Medway

The only real question is why are you such a sad tosser, who's only
interest seems to be slagging me off?

Were you mentioned by name?

Effectively, yes.

*plonk*

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Unbeliever wrote:
Is this the normal type of scaffolding used by a handyman from
Medway when building a balcony deck, painting a wall or angle
grinding pain off a window sill?

http://i34.tinypic.com/2u6le81.jpg

Could there be more questions to ask I wonder?

Perhaps you should ask for a geography lesson; last time I looked,
Kent was not producing huge native quantities of scaffold quality
bamboo.

Neither does it produce large quantities of steel or aluminum to make metal
scaffolding - but the finished product can be imported into the area! LOL

The only real question is why are you such a sad tosser, who's only
interest seems to be slagging me off?

Try getting a life.

I think that is his life.... which is probably even sadder!

No John, you life is far sadder than mine with your lack of humour - but it
takes all sorts! ;-)

BTW, 'wooden' scaffold with rope ties *USED* to be use in all parts of this
country - right up to the around the last quarter of the last century - but
as you rightly say, not out of bamboo.

Ah well!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Unbeliever wrote:
Is this the normal type of scaffolding used by a handyman from
Medway

The only real question is why are you such a sad tosser, who's only
interest seems to be slagging me off?

Were you mentioned by name?

Effectively, yes.

*plonk*

The name "Bob Eager" was neither mentioned or implied - another one lacking
humour!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 20:07:20 +0100
John Rumm wrote:

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Unbeliever wrote:
Is this the normal type of scaffolding used by a handyman from Medway
when building a balcony deck, painting a wall or angle grinding pain
off a window sill?

http://i34.tinypic.com/2u6le81.jpg

Could there be more questions to ask I wonder?

Perhaps you should ask for a geography lesson; last time I looked, Kent
was not producing huge native quantities of scaffold quality bamboo.

I dunno, it looked like Racemobambos Rochesterii to me.

R.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Unbeliever wrote:

What a ****ing ****.

Now I really do have a life - but as you were not specifically named
(deliberately) I would suggest that you must have a rather guilty
conscience to reply in that way! ROTFL

Sad, sad, sad.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Unbeliever wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Unbeliever wrote:
[...]

Was that before or after you reached the heady heights of 'foreman'?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Unbeliever wrote:

Now a "****" is very useful - now what's useful about you?

Now I really do have a life - but as you were not specifically named
(deliberately) I would suggest that you must have a rather guilty
conscience to reply in that way! ROTFL

Sad, sad, sad.

Ah diddums, still throwing the toys out then?

I think you need a little pacifying http://i34.tinypic.com/k2jlmh.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Unbeliever wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Unbeliever wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Unbeliever wrote:
Is this the normal type of scaffolding used by a handyman from
Medway when building a balcony deck, painting a wall or angle
grinding pain off a window sill?

http://i34.tinypic.com/2u6le81.jpg

Now the questions a

Did the customer tell him to do it this way?

Will he slag the customer off in one of the Usenet forums?

Could there be more questions to ask I wonder?

The only real question is why are you such a sad tosser, who's only
interest seems to be slagging me off?

Were you mentioned by name?

Try getting a life.

Ah diddums, TMH has thrown his toys out of his pram again - must be
a lack of humour in that area!

What a ****ing ****.

Now a "****" is very useful - now what's useful about you?

I could well be that I have better things to do than stalk people on
newsgroups. You obviously don't have anything beter to do - which is why
you are regarded as a ****wit around here.

Now I really do have a life - but as you were not specifically named
(deliberately) I would suggest that you must have a rather guilty
conscience to reply in that way! ROTFL

Sad, sad, sad.

Ah diddums, still throwing the toys out then?

I think you need a little pacifying http://i34.tinypic.com/k2jlmh.jpg

Is that really the limit of your intellectual ability? Obviously it is.

Pathetic ******. Carry on & reply. Make yourself seem an even bigger prat
than you appear to be.

That you are one of life's losers isn't my fault. Think about your failures
and start accepting the fact that you are a complete tosser - and learn to
live with it.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Unbeliever
writes
Is this the normal type of scaffolding used by a handyman from Medway when
building a balcony deck, painting a wall or angle grinding pain off a window
sill?

http://i34.tinypic.com/2u6le81.jpg

Looks perfectly normal to me

wossa problem ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
Rumm writes
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Unbeliever wrote:
Is this the normal type of scaffolding used by a handyman from Medway
when building a balcony deck, painting a wall or angle grinding pain
off a window sill?

http://i34.tinypic.com/2u6le81.jpg

Could there be more questions to ask I wonder?

Perhaps you should ask for a geography lesson; last time I looked, Kent
was not producing huge native quantities of scaffold quality bamboo.

The only real question is why are you such a sad tosser, who's only
interest seems to be slagging me off?
Try getting a life.

I think that is his life.... which is probably even sadder!

Bamboo - the only errection he can get

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Unbeliever
writes
John Rumm wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Unbeliever wrote:
[...]

What's wrong with bamboo ?

One of the most versatile building materials around

Light, strong and readily available, it is used all over asia for all
sorts of things. The first major building I saw with bamboo scaffolding
was the US Embassy in Bangladesh, some 20 stories high

I've seen many more since

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , geoff
writes
In message , Unbeliever
writes
Is this the normal type of scaffolding used by a handyman from Medway when
building a balcony deck, painting a wall or angle grinding pain off a window
sill?

http://i34.tinypic.com/2u6le81.jpg

Looks perfectly normal to me

wossa problem ?

He's not wearing to-tectors?

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 00:45:35 +0100, geoff wrote:

http://i34.tinypic.com/2u6le81.jpg

Looks perfectly normal to me

wossa problem ?

No hard hat, no hi vis vest, no boots, no walking boards, no kick
boards, no netting on the outside.

I can't see a problem either.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

xxxx
Sorry, I have a sense of humour, but I just don't find you particularly
funny.

BTW, 'wooden' scaffold with rope ties *USED* to be use in all parts of
this country - right up to the around the last quarter of the last
century - but

Indeed, many of our great architectural marvels, great cathedrals and
churches etc, owe their very existence to the skill and craftsmanship of
the chippies who made building the things actually possible. Alas their
work is only present for a short time, leaving the stone masons to take
all the credit.

as you rightly say, not out of bamboo.

Ah well!

Actually there was an ancient architectural marvel made solely out of
bamboo ,
one of the wonders of the world.

Sadly the bamboo has all rotted away,
only the stone scaffolding remains,
you can see it from the A303 a few miles west of Amesbury.

[g]
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"george (dicegeorge)" wrote in message
[...]

Well if they had used the local limestone rather than importing granite they
would have been able to chip the scaffolding out when they had finished. All
that effort building the worlds first hotel and then finding they couldn't
get the furniture in because of the scaffolding, doh!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 20:20:27 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:
BTW, 'wooden' scaffold with rope ties *USED* to be use in all parts
of this country - right up to the around the last quarter of the last
century - but as you rightly say, not out of bamboo.

Was that before or after you reached the heady heights of 'foreman'?

That's 'foreskin', I think.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28 Sep, 00:51, geoff wrote:

Light, strong and readily available, it is used all over asia for all
sorts of things. The first major building I saw with bamboo scaffolding
was the US Embassy in Bangladesh, some 20 stories high

During WW2, the Japanese super-battleship (and Naval white elephant)
Yamato was hidden in dock behind a vast wall of sacking held up on
self-supporting bamboo scaffolding. Photos of it are most impressive.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

george (dicegeorge) wrote:
[...]

LOL!

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Unbeliever wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Unbeliever wrote:
Is this the normal type of scaffolding used by a handyman from Medway
when building a balcony deck, painting a wall or angle grinding pain
off a window sill?

http://i34.tinypic.com/2u6le81.jpg

Now the questions a

Did the customer tell him to do it this way?

Will he slag the customer off in one of the Usenet forums?

Could there be more questions to ask I wonder?

The only real question is why are you such a sad tosser, who's only
interest seems to be slagging me off?

Were you mentioned by name?

Try getting a life.

Ah diddums, TMH has thrown his toys out of his pram again - must be a
lack of humour in that area!

Now I really do have a life - but as you were not specifically named
(deliberately) I would suggest that you must have a rather guilty
conscience to reply in that way! ROTFL

**** off, you're as funny as a smirking schoolboy (eg not very)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim Lamb
writes
In message , geoff
writes
In message , Unbeliever
writes
Is this the normal type of scaffolding used by a handyman from Medway when
building a balcony deck, painting a wall or angle grinding pain off a window
sill?

http://i34.tinypic.com/2u6le81.jpg

Looks perfectly normal to me

wossa problem ?

He's not wearing to-tectors?

regards

Wossem, then ?

having had an Indonesian take a 5m dish up the frame of a 50m tower with
it roped around his neck and wearing a pair of flip flops

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Walker wrote:
Unbeliever wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Unbeliever wrote:
[...]

Steve,

I bet you really were once "a smirking schoolboy" yourself (or perhaps you
still are), but as another Medway fan with a bad sense of humour - perhaps
this will suit you? *eg*

http://i34.tinypic.com/11b2qs7.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 00:45:35 +0100, geoff wrote:

http://i34.tinypic.com/2u6le81.jpg

Looks perfectly normal to me

wossa problem ?

No hard hat, no hi vis vest, no boots, no walking boards, no kick
boards, no netting on the outside.

Nanny state ...

I can't see a problem either.

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

geoff wrote:

having had an Indonesian take a 5m dish up the frame of a 50m tower
with it roped around his neck and wearing a pair of flip flops

I found it surprising that India is trying to phase this sort of thing out -
see he
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6804512.ece

Actually, there's an opportunity here for the uk.d-i-yers to invent
something good and win the prize.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , GB
writes

http://www.kateda.org/Kateda.org/Home.html

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:
geoff wrote:

having had an Indonesian take a 5m dish up the frame of a 50m tower
with it roped around his neck and wearing a pair of flip flops

I found it surprising that India is trying to phase this sort of
thing out - see he
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6804512.ece

Actually, there's an opportunity here for the uk.d-i-yers to invent
something good and win the prize.

Angle grinder - on a long stick?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Unbeliever wrote:
Steve Walker wrote:
Unbeliever wrote:

Are you trying for '****wit of the year' or something?

Now I really do have a life - but as you were not specifically named
(deliberately)

Oh thats rather clever of you. 'Handyman from Medway' doesn't specifically
name me? I see what you've done you cunning little rascal - you've put the
words in a different order. I expect that one fooled everyone.

I would suggest that you must have a rather guilty
conscience to reply in that way!

So, I have a 'guilty conscience' about using bamboo scaffolding? In Kent?
Have I got that right?

What a total ****ing idiot you are. Get some help.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , geoff
writes
In message , Tim Lamb
writes
In message , geoff
writes
In message , Unbeliever
writes
Is this the normal type of scaffolding used by a handyman from Medway when
building a balcony deck, painting a wall or angle grinding pain off a window
sill?

http://i34.tinypic.com/2u6le81.jpg

Looks perfectly normal to me

wossa problem ?

He's not wearing to-tectors?

regards

Wossem, then ?

having had an Indonesian take a 5m dish up the frame of a 50m tower
with it roped around his neck and wearing a pair of flip flops

Just think, if we could export elfin safety, we could stop the rest of
the world and regain our empi-)

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , geoff
writes
In message , Tim Lamb
writes
In message , geoff
writes
In message , Unbeliever
writes
Is this the normal type of scaffolding used by a handyman from
Medway when building a balcony deck, painting a wall or angle
grinding pain off a window sill?

http://i34.tinypic.com/2u6le81.jpg

Looks perfectly normal to me

wossa problem ?

He's not wearing to-tectors?

regards

Wossem, then ?

having had an Indonesian take a 5m dish up the frame of a 50m tower
with it roped around his neck and wearing a pair of flip flops

Just think, if we could export elfin safety, we could stop the rest of
the world and regain our empi-)

I can just see it. A brigade of the Ist Regiment Royal Scaftags, a long
thin line of blokes called Clive in Hi Vis vests. Preeeesent Clipboards!
Front rank - wait for it - fix ball points!

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Unbeliever"
saying something like:

snip tripe

Scaffolding Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 3 July 8th 08 11:46 AM
Scaffolding Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 8 July 5th 08 03:56 PM
Scaffolding SteveB Home Repair 11 August 10th 07 04:35 PM
Medway Arthur UK diy 52 May 3rd 07 08:26 AM
Scaffolding Fred UK diy 12 June 25th 05 06:26 PM