Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default wall chasing vacuum

Hello,

I have been using my Earlex vacuum connected to my wall chaser. I use
the dust bags which I have bought from Earlex (are generic ones just
as good?).

The Earlex web site says their bags filter to 5 microns. I have found
that when I do the first chase, the vacuum seems to suck up
everything.

I noticed that as I do more chases, more dust begins to fall from the
chaser, escaping the vacuum. I assume the bag clogs up. I think it
would be extravagant to change the bag every time I start a new chase!

That said, I can't grumble because the amount of dust falling is tiny
compared to not having the vacuum on at all. I forgot to put the hose
on the other day and there really was a difference!

The bag was getting heavy the other day so I emptied it and it was
full of fine dust, so it is certainly doing a good job but I remember
a thread here where someone said the only vacuum he found that could
cope with repeated wall chasing was a Dyson. Looking on line, it seems
the Dysons filter to 0.1 micron, so would capture even more.

Should I be content with what I have got or is it worth getting a
second hand Dyson just for this?

If so, is there any particular Dyson? I seem to remember DC04 and DC07
being mentioned before. What are the differences between them? Does it
have to be an upright?

I think someone mentioned making a prefilter from a bucket. That's a
good idea. Does it work just as well? My only worry is that with two
hoses, one prefilter, and one vacuum, that's quite a lot of things to
get in the way and trip over.

Thanks,
Stephen.

wall chasing Stephen[_6_] UK diy 12 September 17th 09 09:57 PM
Wall chasing and replastering - any tips? Tim S UK diy 9 November 18th 08 08:45 PM
wall chasing Sam UK diy 23 September 8th 08 06:11 PM
chasing copper pipe into wall Jo King UK diy 7 June 6th 05 10:53 AM
Chasing out Wall Ian UK diy 9 December 5th 04 06:50 PM