Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default G23 2G11 ballast/starter/capacitor fittings

I am looking for a light fitting suitable for taking a CFL with either a G23
or 2G11 type connector. I already have the CFL's. They produce UV-C type
light and will be used in a rapid bond curing experiment. The CFL's look
just like ordinary domestic types with wattages between 11 and 30 and just
need the same type of starter and ballast as domestic types. Lots of places
sell the CFL's but I have not found anyone who stocks the fittings.

B&Q etc sell lots of ordinary CFL's with G23 and 2G11 connectors so there
must be lots of fittings about which they plug in to.

Does anyone know of a source?

I believe that the G23 type bulb has the starter built-in and that the
ballast is in the lamp fitting. For the 2G11 type bulb the fitting has the
starter and ballast.

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Alt Beer" writes:
I am looking for a light fitting suitable for taking a CFL with either a G23
or 2G11 type connector. I already have the CFL's. They produce UV-C type
light and will be used in a rapid bond curing experiment. The CFL's look
just like ordinary domestic types with wattages between 11 and 30 and just
need the same type of starter and ballast as domestic types. Lots of places
sell the CFL's but I have not found anyone who stocks the fittings.

B&Q etc sell lots of ordinary CFL's with G23 and 2G11 connectors so there
must be lots of fittings about which they plug in to.

Does anyone know of a source?

RS seem to do the 2G11 holder.
Lots of hits on Google for both.

I believe that the G23 type bulb has the starter built-in and that the
ballast is in the lamp fitting. For the 2G11 type bulb the fitting has the
starter and ballast.

That's right.
The 4-pin holder can also be used with electronic control gear.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 22, 7:39*pm, "Alt Beer" wrote:
I am looking for a light fitting suitable for taking a CFL with either a G23
or 2G11 type connector. I already have the CFL's. *They produce UV-C type
light and will be used in a rapid bond curing experiment. The CFL's look
just like ordinary domestic types with wattages between 11 and 30 and just
need the same type of starter and ballast as domestic types. Lots of places
sell the CFL's but I have not found anyone who stocks the fittings.

B&Q etc sell lots of ordinary CFL's with G23 and 2G11 connectors so there
must be lots of fittings about which they plug in to.

Does anyone know of a source?

I believe that the G23 type bulb has the starter built-in and that the
ballast is in the lamp fitting. *For the 2G11 type bulb the fitting has the
starter and ballast.

Thanks

you should be able to run them off the ballasts in domestic CFLs, then
you just need the connector, or not. With ballast separated from the
heat of the tube they last ok.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"Alt Beer" writes:
[...]

Do you know where I can get a ballast or electronic control gear for these
low wattage tubes?

A search for 2G11 on http://uk.rs-online.com only picks up tubes no holders
or ballast or gear. Do you have an RS stock number?

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"NT" wrote in message
[...]

Yes that's what I was thinking. Do you know where I can get a ballast or
gear. I've tried several electrical wholesalers but they only stock the
tubes not the gear.

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Alt Beer" writes:
[...]

What wattage are they?
It would also be useful to know the tube diameter and
total length (as if the tube was bend back straight).

A search for 2G11 on http://uk.rs-online.com only picks up tubes no holders
or ballast or gear. Do you have an RS stock number?

170-979, and 170-985 is a tube support clip.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Alt Beer" writes:
[...]

RS tubes come up with a 2G11 search but the connector only comes up with a
2G-11 search.

As to Wattage and length: say 18W. Total length 2 x 225mm = 450mm (18"
appx)

Thank you