Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PIR extractor fans

I can buy a 100 mm extractor fan with timer for around £15, and a separate
PIR sensor for under £10 (I can actually buy a complete PIR security light
with variable timer for that, come to think of it). Why then do extractor
fans with built-in PIR sensors cost around £50?

--
Jeff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
I can buy a 100 mm extractor fan with timer for around £15, and a separate
PIR sensor for under £10 (I can actually buy a complete PIR security light
with variable timer for that, come to think of it). Why then do extractor
fans with built-in PIR sensors cost around £50?

--
Jeff

You can pick them up for £25, you get what u pay for, any decent extractor
fan will cost minimum of £50 but they last, well built and not ur usual
Chinese crap.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ray wrote:
"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
I can buy a 100 mm extractor fan with timer for around £15, and a separate
PIR sensor for under £10 (I can actually buy a complete PIR security light
with variable timer for that, come to think of it). Why then do extractor
fans with built-in PIR sensors cost around £50?

--
Jeff

You can pick them up for £25, you get what u pay for, any decent extractor
fan will cost minimum of £50 but they last, well built and not ur usual
Chinese crap.

Is phone text creeping into news groups now?
Looks like the end of us oldies understanding posts. :-(

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18 Sep, 21:24, "Jeff Layman" wrote:
I can buy a 100 mm extractor fan with timer for around £15, and a separate
PIR sensor for under £10 (I can actually buy a complete PIR security light
with variable timer for that, come to think of it). Why then do extractor
fans with built-in PIR sensors cost around £50?

--
Jeff

We bought (on the recommendation of someone on this group) a low
wattage rh sensitive extractor fan for our bathroom. We're VERY
pleased with it. It cost a bit (under £50) but it only comes on when
necessary and the running cost is very low.

Mary
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave wrote:
Ray wrote:
"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
I can buy a 100 mm extractor fan with timer for around £15, and a
separate PIR sensor for under £10 (I can actually buy a complete
PIR security light with variable timer for that, come to think of
it). Why then do extractor fans with built-in PIR sensors cost
around £50? --
Jeff

You can pick them up for £25, you get what u pay for, any decent
extractor fan will cost minimum of £50 but they last, well built and
not ur usual Chinese crap.

Is phone text creeping into news groups now?
Looks like the end of us oldies understanding posts. :-(

dw m8. fyi np. L8trs.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Extractor fans Anna Kettle[_3_] UK diy 8 April 23rd 09 11:30 AM
Extractor fans Adrian UK diy 4 December 4th 08 06:37 PM
extractor fans David Hansen UK diy 1 January 28th 07 10:30 AM
extractor fans [email protected] UK diy 0 January 27th 07 02:02 PM
Extractor fans Trevor Smith UK diy 11 May 21st 04 10:04 PM