DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   PIR extractor fans (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/287547-pir-extractor-fans.html)

Jeff Layman[_2_] September 18th 09 09:24 PM

PIR extractor fans

I can buy a 100 mm extractor fan with timer for around £15, and a separate
PIR sensor for under £10 (I can actually buy a complete PIR security light
with variable timer for that, come to think of it). Why then do extractor
fans with built-in PIR sensors cost around £50?

--
Jeff

Ray[_3_] September 19th 09 10:36 AM

PIR extractor fans

"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
I can buy a 100 mm extractor fan with timer for around £15, and a separate
PIR sensor for under £10 (I can actually buy a complete PIR security light
with variable timer for that, come to think of it). Why then do extractor
fans with built-in PIR sensors cost around £50?

--
Jeff

You can pick them up for £25, you get what u pay for, any decent extractor
fan will cost minimum of £50 but they last, well built and not ur usual
Chinese crap.

Dave September 19th 09 04:35 PM

PIR extractor fans

Ray wrote:
"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
I can buy a 100 mm extractor fan with timer for around £15, and a separate
PIR sensor for under £10 (I can actually buy a complete PIR security light
with variable timer for that, come to think of it). Why then do extractor
fans with built-in PIR sensors cost around £50?

--
Jeff

You can pick them up for £25, you get what u pay for, any decent extractor
fan will cost minimum of £50 but they last, well built and not ur usual
Chinese crap.

Is phone text creeping into news groups now?
Looks like the end of us oldies understanding posts. :-(

Dave

[email protected] September 19th 09 08:06 PM

PIR extractor fans

On 18 Sep, 21:24, "Jeff Layman" wrote:
I can buy a 100 mm extractor fan with timer for around £15, and a separate
PIR sensor for under £10 (I can actually buy a complete PIR security light
with variable timer for that, come to think of it). Why then do extractor
fans with built-in PIR sensors cost around £50?

--
Jeff

We bought (on the recommendation of someone on this group) a low
wattage rh sensitive extractor fan for our bathroom. We're VERY
pleased with it. It cost a bit (under £50) but it only comes on when
necessary and the running cost is very low.

Mary

The Medway Handyman September 20th 09 10:51 AM

PIR extractor fans

Dave wrote:
Ray wrote:
"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
I can buy a 100 mm extractor fan with timer for around £15, and a
separate PIR sensor for under £10 (I can actually buy a complete
PIR security light with variable timer for that, come to think of
it). Why then do extractor fans with built-in PIR sensors cost
around £50? --
Jeff

You can pick them up for £25, you get what u pay for, any decent
extractor fan will cost minimum of £50 but they last, well built and
not ur usual Chinese crap.

Is phone text creeping into news groups now?
Looks like the end of us oldies understanding posts. :-(

dw m8. fyi np. L8trs.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk