Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Water filters - Franke triflow

We have a Franke triflow tap in the kitchen. Cold and hot are both
softened water.

Drinking water is via a Triflow Hiflow filter which is due to be
changed. It is the plastic one on the left on this link

http://www.the-sink-shop.com/waterfi..._identify.shtm

Inlet goes into the main body at the top. Outlet is taken from centre
top after water has been through cylindrical filter.

We want a fairly good flow and a filter is likely to cost around £22 + P&P.

Water around here is pretty good with no lead or off tastes. In the
circumstances I don't really want to put in a new filter. Can I just
leave the filter out of the casing or is there a risk of some water
becoming static at the bottom and nasty things breeding? The water will
be at mains pressure with nothing removed.

Alternatively anyone know what adaptor I would need to connect the inlet
and outlet pipes of the filter together? They are different sizes and
disappear through holes in the back of the fitted kitchen unit making
re-plumbing difficult without trashing the back of the unit.

TIA for all replies not involving angle grinders.

Water Filters Jack Allen Home Repair 9 February 21st 11 10:15 PM
Online parts source for Franke Little Butler Water Filtration System? lkreh Home Repair 0 June 28th 09 06:12 PM
Pur water filters benick[_2_] Home Repair 4 August 12th 08 06:23 AM
2 water filters for 2x the water pressure - idea and advice Jim Rainfordson Home Repair 4 July 7th 08 05:29 PM
Q: Conditioners/Filters For Well Water Jack Home Repair 1 January 7th 06 01:52 PM