Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl sds

The usual sds on offer from tommorow at lidle for £20 down from £40 a
bargain if ever I saw one! I shall be getting one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 21:18:01 +0100, Dubber wrote:

The usual sds on offer from tommorow at lidle for £20 down from £40 a
bargain if ever I saw one! I shall be getting one.

Check with your store before going, not all stores have the SDS
offer. Carlisle doesn't. I will be going in tommorow to look at the
cordless driver(*) so will be intresting to see if the website is
lying or not.

Yeah I know the Makita impact jobbie is probably a nice thing to have
but it's at least 6 times the price...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote

The usual sds on offer from tommorow at lidle for £20 down from £40 a
bargain if ever I saw one! I shall be getting one.

Do they usually sell out on first day?
I won't be able to get into a Lidl store tomorrow

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article o.uk,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
Check with your store before going, not all stores have the SDS
offer. Carlisle doesn't. I will be going in tommorow to look at the
cordless driver(*) so will be intresting to see if the website is
lying or not.

Yeah I know the Makita impact jobbie is probably a nice thing to have
but it's at least 6 times the price...

It's one of those things that is quite simply worth the money regardless.
But I realise you'll only know this by trying one. I've got perhaps half a
dozen drills that can be used for screwdriving - both mains and cordless -
and nothing even vaguely approaches the usefulness of the Makita. Put it
on your Xmas list. ;-)
It was really emphasised earlier this year when I had to remove a door
which I hadn't before, so had probably 50 years worth of paint on the
slotted screws. Got them all out without even clearing the slots...

--
*When blondes have more fun, do they know it?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:02:31 +0100, TheScullster wrote:

"Dave Liquorice" wrote

The usual sds on offer from tommorow at lidle for £20 down from £40 a
bargain if ever I saw one! I shall be getting one.

Do they usually sell out on first day?
I won't be able to get into a Lidl store tomorrow

Phil

Mine (Northampton) had some at 1100h today - and about a dozen of the
screwdrivers - and the till that I used had an SDS under the back of it so
a bit of opportunism...
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
TheScullster wrote:
The usual sds on offer from tommorow at lidle for £20 down from £40 a
bargain if ever I saw one! I shall be getting one.

Do they usually sell out on first day?
I won't be able to get into a Lidl store tomorrow

I wasn't after one but went to the Clapham junction store this morning -
no sign of them. So tried the local smaller one - again no sign. Not even
a price ticket on the shelves. But a gap in both cases.

I wanted the core drill set and the stud finder. Picked up a plug in
screwdriver set with allen and torx as well as the common types. Seems
very well made.

--

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:18:14 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Yeah I know the Makita impact jobbie is probably a nice thing to

have
but it's at least 6 times the price...

It's one of those things that is quite simply worth the money
regardless. But I realise you'll only know this by trying one.

Bit like an SDS drill then? (To keep on thread)

Carlisle had no sign of the SDS drill. Did have a few of the tungsten
tipped core drill sets and quite a lot of the stud finder thing. Also
the AAA - D cell battery charger.

Got them all out without even clearing the slots...

How did the bit grip the screws if they were full of paint?

Anyway I spent me £11.99 on the Lidl jobbie. Haven't actually used it
in anger yet, only playing, but it feels solid and well made. I don't
think it has a spindle lock but the gearing is such that you can use
it as a screw driver. The collar that operates the bit lock/release
is free to rotate so it can be held to help start long wobbly screws.

3 pages of safety information in the instruction leaflet before the
real instructions. And there are further other cautions and safety
stuff dotted throughout the operation/maintenance section.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Lidl again Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 18 November 9th 08 05:44 PM
Its Lidl again :-) George UK diy 27 March 29th 08 09:53 AM
SDS @ Lidl cupra UK diy 0 July 13th 06 12:15 PM
Lidl again! David Lang UK diy 35 July 28th 05 10:48 PM
DIY at Lidl Mary Fisher UK diy 1 January 20th 05 02:34 PM