Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default roof gutters & downpipes

I live in a row of terraced houses, 2nd from the end.

The end house roof gutter drain down his own down pipe into his own
drain, this down pipe being at the end of the terrace.

My house roof gutter drain into a down pipe which drains into the
gutter of my bay window, travels the length of the bay window into the
down pipe of my other neighbour, then into the street. Neither of us
have a drain.

All the houses share a down pipe except the end houses.

It's like Niagara falls when it rains and I'm finally acting. My end
neighbour has said I should block off my down pipe and lift the gutter
so it drains into his down pipe, leaving just the bay to drain into my
other neighbor.

I'm thinking that this will transfer the Niagara falls from my bay to
his gutter? Could his gutter cope? Can anyone think of a better
alternative?

Many thanks,
Andy
AndyPandy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"AndyPandy" wrote in message
[...]

Add your own downpipe

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alternative?

Add your own downpipe

Like I said, niether me or my neighbour on the other side has a drain.
It can't be right to drain directly into the street otherwise I'd put
my own down pipe.
AndyPandy