Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bench Drill died - any suggestions ?

HI Folks

Last year I bought a Clarke 5-speed bench drill from CPC.
(Budget end of things, I know - but should be serviceable, I thought..)

It has been very lightly used since then - probably not more than 1 - 2
hours total use and is installed in a dry, heated workshop.

Just now it has refused to start - the motor buzzes, but it won't spin
up to speed. When it was running a few moments before there was a slight
'roughness' in the sound of the motor - and, perhaps, a slight
'electric' smell - but, at the time it was running very lightly loaded -
so I don;t think I'd have 'cooked' it.

The official warranty is for 12 months (so that expired in April!) - so
any suggestions as to anything I could check to maybe get it working
again, please ? It has a 'two-button' NVR start-stop switch...

I've contacted CPC and Clarke via email - but I'm not holding my breath g

Thanks
Adrian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian Brentnall" wrote in message
[...]

When it's buzzing, give the motor a tweak by hand. If it then runs, it's an
induction motor and the starting capacitor has blown. If it doesn't, the
brushes may have stuck or something.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

HI Bob

Bob Mannix wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the suggestion.
No - 'helping' the motor doesn't make it start....

So - take a look at the brushes, do you think ?

Adrian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

on 02/09/2009, Bob Mannix supposed :
When it's buzzing, give the motor a tweak by hand. If it then runs, it's an
induction motor and the starting capacitor has blown. If it doesn't, the
brushes may have stuck or something.

They are not, so far as I know, a capacitor start motor, nor have they
any brushes - just a straight DOL induction motor.

I have one similar if not the same. Try taking the drive belt off and
see if the motor runs without the belt. Is the buzzing definitely
coming from the motor, rather than the NVR's coil? If from the NVR, it
could be
that some dirt or etc. is preventing it closing fully.

I seem to remember there is an interlock on the belt drive cover, to
prevent it running with the belt exposed.

If you are still stuck, keep in mind that the 12 month limit on the
guarantee means nothing much. The law now allows you to return faulty
goods up to six years after purchase, 2 hours use is not what a
reasonable person would expect from such an item.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Adrian Brentnall wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion.
No - 'helping' the motor doesn't make it start....

So - take a look at the brushes, do you think ?

Pretty well all the low end ones I've seen have induction motors - less
gearing required. And regardless of it being a budget one should be
expected to last longer than a year.

I have a B&Q cheapy (painted green) bought many years ago which still
works just fine. And it gets heavy DIY use.

This is the smallest one on the Clarke site - and it definitely looks to
have an induction motor - and to have come from the same factory as mine.

http://www.clarkeinternational.com/s...illing-systems

--
*Learn from your parents' mistakes - use birth control.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

HI Dave

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Adrian Brentnall wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion.
No - 'helping' the motor doesn't make it start....

So - take a look at the brushes, do you think ?

Pretty well all the low end ones I've seen have induction motors - less
gearing required. And regardless of it being a budget one should be
expected to last longer than a year.

I have a B&Q cheapy (painted green) bought many years ago which still
works just fine. And it gets heavy DIY use.

This is the smallest one on the Clarke site - and it definitely looks to
have an induction motor - and to have come from the same factory as mine.

http://www.clarkeinternational.com/s...illing-systems

That's the one - so induction motor == no brushes ??

(sorry for my ignorance!)

All is not lost - I can go back the the ancient
B&D-mounted-in-a-drill-press arrangement for the time being -
just kind of annoying when something breaks after so little use...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 16:13:58 +0100
Adrian Brentnall wrote:

[...]

Sue them. The warranty is irrelevant. It was not of merchantable
quality.

R.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian Brentnall submitted this idea :
That's the one - so induction motor == no brushes ??

(sorry for my ignorance!)

All is not lost - I can go back the the ancient B&D-mounted-in-a-drill-press
arrangement for the time being -
just kind of annoying when something breaks after so little use...

So take it back, tell them you have only had two hours use out of it
and you can expect them to either repair it, replace it or refund you
less the value of the use you have had out of it. If necessary, quote
the SOG act at them.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

HI Harry

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Adrian Brentnall submitted this idea :
That's the one - so induction motor == no brushes ??

(sorry for my ignorance!)

All is not lost - I can go back the the ancient
B&D-mounted-in-a-drill-press arrangement for the time being -
just kind of annoying when something breaks after so little use...

So take it back, tell them you have only had two hours use out of it and
you can expect them to either repair it, replace it or refund you less
the value of the use you have had out of it. If necessary, quote the SOG
act at them.

Fine in theory - but not so great when you're out here in the far
south-west of Ireland... and it was couriered here by CPC from the UK

I've a feeling that they'll say 'sure - return it to us and we'll
replace it - but seeing as it weighs 18kg - that'd cost more than buying
a new one!

I did just take another look - the motor will start & run with the
pulley-belt removed.

With the belt reinstalled, and the tension set to the slackest possible,
the drill will 'just about' start - but never gets anywhere near to full
speed speed and can be stalled with the lightest of finger-pressure
against the chuck.

Think it's broken! g

Still no news from CPC or Clarke...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
k...
Adrian Brentnall submitted this idea :
That's the one - so induction motor == no brushes ??

(sorry for my ignorance!)

All is not lost - I can go back the the ancient
B&D-mounted-in-a-drill-press arrangement for the time being -
just kind of annoying when something breaks after so little use...

So take it back, tell them you have only had two hours use out of it and
you can expect them to either repair it, replace it or refund you less the
value of the use you have had out of it. If necessary, quote the SOG act
at them.

....assuming he bought it from CPC as an individual, rather than a
business...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian Brentnall explained on 02/09/2009 :
Fine in theory - but not so great when you're out here in the far south-west
of Ireland... and it was couriered here by CPC from the UK

Sorry, didn't realise. Your local laws may also be different.

With the belt reinstalled, and the tension set to the slackest possible, the
drill will 'just about' start - but never gets anywhere near to full speed
speed and can be stalled with the lightest of finger-pressure against the
chuck.

A final check would be to make sure the motor has the full mains
voltage at its terminals, before condemning it completely.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Toby" wrote in message

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
k...
Adrian Brentnall submitted this idea :
That's the one - so induction motor == no brushes ??

(sorry for my ignorance!)

All is not lost - I can go back the the ancient
B&D-mounted-in-a-drill-press arrangement for the time being -
just kind of annoying when something breaks after so little use...

So take it back, tell them you have only had two hours use out of it and
you can expect them to either repair it, replace it or refund you less
the value of the use you have had out of it. If necessary, quote the SOG
act at them.

...assuming he bought it from CPC as an individual, rather than a
business...

As a sole trader am I an individual or a business as I use the same credit
card for my transactions - how would anybody decide?

Peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Adrian Brentnall wrote:
This is the smallest one on the Clarke site - and it definitely looks to
have an induction motor - and to have come from the same factory as mine.

http://www.clarkeinternational.com/s...illing-systems

That's the one - so induction motor == no brushes ??

Correct. Induction motors are larger and less powerful than a brush motor
- but run at a lower speed so better for this purpose. They should also
have a *very* long life.

(sorry for my ignorance!)

All is not lost - I can go back the the ancient
B&D-mounted-in-a-drill-press arrangement for the time being -
just kind of annoying when something breaks after so little use...

Absolutely. I wish you luck with CPC, though - I had no success with an
out of warranty claim. You might do better with Clarke - their website
says they do actually repair things.

--
*Too many clicks spoil the browse *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Adrian Brentnall wrote:
This is the smallest one on the Clarke site - and it definitely looks to
have an induction motor - and to have come from the same factory as mine.

http://www.clarkeinternational.com/s...illing-systems

That's the one - so induction motor == no brushes ??

Correct. Induction motors are larger and less powerful than a brush motor
- but run at a lower speed so better for this purpose. They should also
have a *very* long life.

(sorry for my ignorance!)

All is not lost - I can go back the the ancient
B&D-mounted-in-a-drill-press arrangement for the time being -
just kind of annoying when something breaks after so little use...

Absolutely. I wish you luck with CPC, though - I had no success with an
out of warranty claim. You might do better with Clarke - their website
says they do actually repair things.

Thanks Dave - I've contacted both CPC and Clarke by email -
waiting on a reply from both....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Adrian Brentnall explained on 02/09/2009 :
Fine in theory - but not so great when you're out here in the far
south-west of Ireland... and it was couriered here by CPC from the UK

Sorry, didn't realise. Your local laws may also be different.

No problem - good point about local SOGA.....

With the belt reinstalled, and the tension set to the slackest
possible, the drill will 'just about' start - but never gets anywhere
near to full speed speed and can be stalled with the lightest of
finger-pressure against the chuck.

A final check would be to make sure the motor has the full mains voltage
at its terminals, before condemning it completely.

That's a thought - might have a look later...

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Adrian Brentnall wrote:
Absolutely. I wish you luck with CPC, though - I had no success with an
out of warranty claim. You might do better with Clarke - their website
says they do actually repair things.

Thanks Dave - I've contacted both CPC and Clarke by email -
waiting on a reply from both....

I'd try writing to the MD if you get no luck. Or better still faxing.
Emails rarely get to anyone in charge.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Rumm writes:
Adrian Brentnall wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Adrian Brentnall explained on 02/09/2009 :
Fine in theory - but not so great when you're out here in the far
south-west of Ireland... and it was couriered here by CPC from the UK

Sorry, didn't realise. Your local laws may also be different.

No problem - good point about local SOGA.....

With the belt reinstalled, and the tension set to the slackest
possible, the drill will 'just about' start - but never gets anywhere
near to full speed speed and can be stalled with the lightest of
finger-pressure against the chuck.

A final check would be to make sure the motor has the full mains
voltage at its terminals, before condemning it completely.

That's a thought - might have a look later...

If without the belt on it spins up to full speed, and then it has torque
- that would still point to a starting cap failure. If at speed it still
lacks torque then it could be a supply problem or a damaged winding.

It's easy enough to test the capacitor if you can disconnect it.
Can you read off the value of it (should be stamped on the motor
rating plate)? If it let out a smell when it died, it may be
obviously dead anyway when you get access to it.

Mine is a 510W motor and the plate claims it has a 75uF capacitor for
240V operation (or 12uF for 415V operation, but I'm not doing that).
The website David identified shows a 250W model.

Actually, I just went to look, and found that mine has two capacitors
attached to the motor, which got me curious. I removed the cover from
the first one, and sure enough it is a 75uF capacitor. So I looked in
the second one, and find it has the 12uF capacitor for 415V operation.
Not sure if they are start or start and run capacitors. (I'd already
put the covers back on before I thought to check that.)

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian Brentnall wrote:

I did just take another look - the motor will start & run with the
pulley-belt removed.

With the belt reinstalled, and the tension set to the slackest possible,
the drill will 'just about' start - but never gets anywhere near to full
speed speed and can be stalled with the lightest of finger-pressure
against the chuck.

Ah, happened to me with a similar Aldi drill. It's easily fixed. :-)

Inside the pulley box there is a middle pulley between the outer two. It
_should_ rotate freely with the belt off. Mine siezed due to ingress of
dirt and possibly the lateral tension it's under? After removal and
cleaning and oiling the contacting surfaces all was back to normal!

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

Absolutely. I wish you luck with CPC, though - I had no success with an
out of warranty claim. You might do better with Clarke - their website
says they do actually repair things.

Try the credit card company if cpc don't want to know.
I just got a refund on a dishwasher I bought from empiredirect nearly 20
months ago..
Its bust but the extended warranty is useless now empire has gone.
The CC company (GMcard) took three days to refund the purchase price.

Now I need to dismantle the dishwasher to see if I can fix it.
Anyone taken an electrolux visi apart?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 17:33:23 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
on 02/09/2009, Bob Mannix supposed :
When it's buzzing, give the motor a tweak by hand. If it then runs,
it's an induction motor and the starting capacitor has blown. If it
doesn't, the brushes may have stuck or something.

They are not, so far as I know, a capacitor start motor, nor have they
any brushes - just a straight DOL induction motor.

I am sure its an induction motor, but I would be very surprised if it
did not have a start cap.

I have one similar if not the same. Try taking the drive belt off and
see if the motor runs without the belt. Is the buzzing definitely coming
from the motor, rather than the NVR's coil? If from the NVR, it could be
that some dirt or etc. is preventing it closing fully.

I seem to remember there is an interlock on the belt drive cover, to
prevent it running with the belt exposed.

Yup, I think this is an elf'n'safety requirement.

That'll be the EC Machineries Directive probably.

When I used to work for a large compressor manufacturer, the relevant
directives said that all removeable covers should be interlocked - our
compressors had dozens of bolted covers and were only used in fixed
situations where trained maintenance staff and permits to work etc. were
required (oil rigs, refineries and the like). We pointed out to Brussels
that the compressor specific directive was not really applicable to our
equipment, as it was written around portable units and finally received a
letter officially stating that our 100 ton compressors with 8 MW motors
"were not machines" !!!

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Owain" wrote in message
On 2 Sep, 17:42, "Peter Andrews" wrote:
As a sole trader am I an individual or a business as I use the same
credit
card for my transactions - how would anybody decide?

If it's an item bought for use in the course of your business then it
would be a business sale.

Using the same credit card for business and personal things must
really please your accountant :-)

It isn't a problem at all, because the business accounts are based on
receipts, not card records.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Adrian Brentnall
saying something like:

Thanks Dave - I've contacted both CPC and Clarke by email -
waiting on a reply from both....

A few years ago I had cause to complain to CPC about some loudspeakers,
one of which went scritchy after about six months use.
The woman on the other end of the phone immediately gave me a returns
reference number and sent out a pre-paid mailing label for me to return
it.
No problem at all.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember Adrian Brentnall
saying something like:

Thanks Dave - I've contacted both CPC and Clarke by email -
waiting on a reply from both....

A few years ago I had cause to complain to CPC about some loudspeakers,
one of which went scritchy after about six months use.
The woman on the other end of the phone immediately gave me a returns
reference number and sent out a pre-paid mailing label for me to return
it.
No problem at all.

Hmm - had an email back from CPC today stating that their guarantee was
only for 12 months. The drill was purchased back in April last year.

I responded with a link to
http://whatconsumer.co.uk/how-long-should-it-last/

where it says that the consumer can claim if an item doesn;t last as
long as would reasonably be expected - regardless of the 12 month
warranty period....

...so we'll see what response I get to that...

Likely be after the weekend - took them two emails to respond to thmy
first enquiry - and no response at all from Clarke themselves....

Annoying !

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
Thanks Dave - I've contacted both CPC and Clarke by email -
waiting on a reply from both....

A few years ago I had cause to complain to CPC about some loudspeakers,
one of which went scritchy after about six months use.
The woman on the other end of the phone immediately gave me a returns
reference number and sent out a pre-paid mailing label for me to return
it.
No problem at all.

Oh I'm sure they're fine within the year. But not after.

--
*If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 17:29:46 +0100, Adrian Brentnall
wrote:

With the belt reinstalled, and the tension set to the slackest possible,
the drill will 'just about' start - but never gets anywhere near to full
speed speed and can be stalled with the lightest of finger-pressure
against the chuck.

With the belt on and power off, how easy is it to turn the motor and
drive? Can you turn both the motor and chuck by either turning any
pulley or moving the belt by hand?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
Thanks Dave - I've contacted both CPC and Clarke by email -
waiting on a reply from both....

A few years ago I had cause to complain to CPC about some loudspeakers,
one of which went scritchy after about six months use.
The woman on the other end of the phone immediately gave me a returns
reference number and sent out a pre-paid mailing label for me to return
it.
No problem at all.

Oh I'm sure they're fine within the year. But not after.

Update on this thread....

CPC eventually replied with the 'Only a 12 month guarantee' line -
though they did ask for invoice / account nos so maybe they're looking
into it.

Clarkes' technical bod came back with 'Motor start capacitor' - and has
offered to send me one if I'm prepared to fit it (as a new motor costs
more than the whole thing cost me- and that's before yuo add on the
cost of shipping it to the Emerald Isle...)

So - hopefully a result - but no credit (so far) to CPC g

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Adrian Brentnall
writes
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
[...]

Be careful with that. I had a Clarkes compressor and the reed valves
cracked and needed replacing

I bought a new pair of reed valves from them which lasted a couple of
weeks before they cracked up and fell in and destroyed piston and bore.
They refused to compensate because it hadn't been repaired by one of
their mechanics

I could have taken it further, but, especially in the winter, time is
money and it was easier to buy another compressor from elsewhere

So - hopefully a result - but no credit (so far) to CPC g

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message , Adrian Brentnall
writes
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
[...]

Further update - this arrived from CCP today

"Thank you for you recent correspondence which has been forwarded by one
of my colleagues. I apologise that you have felt the need to express
concern in relation the purchase of the above item.
Please be assured that we do not intentionally despatch goods deemed to
be unfit for purpose and should a fault occur within any warranty period
we would endeavour to rectify this situation.
Whilst I do appreciate that the goods may or not have been used
intermittently an inherent fault would have been made noticeable from
initial use and therefore cannot be returned as " unfit for purpose".
Should you wish to make a claim against this legislation is is the
customers responsibility to prove that the goods have been faulty from
date of receipt.

I once again apologise for any inconvenience caused, should you wish to
discuss the matter further please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours Sincerely"

Sounds to me like a semi-polite way of saying "f*** off" -
luckily, as mentioned earlier, Clarkes do seem to have some sort of
idea about how to look after their customers....

...though it looks as if CPC still don't get it !

Ah well g

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Adrian Brentnall wrote:
[...]

Pretty well the same response as I got.

--
*Remember, no-one is listening until you fart.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 23:13:38 +0100, Adrian Brentnall wrote:

Please be assured that we do not intentionally despatch goods deemed to
be unfit for purpose and should a fault occur within any warranty period
we would endeavour to rectify this situation.

It might be worth reminding CPC that under EU law consumer purchases
have a 24 month warranty period not
12.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/bargain...and-guides/art
icle.html?in_article_id=487339&in_page_id=53954&in _advicepage_id=131

http://tinyurl.com/24-Warranty

Read that carefully and have a look at the 1999/44/EC EU Directive,
it is a grey area.

Whilst I do appreciate that the goods may or not have been used
intermittently an inherent fault would have been made noticeable from
initial use and therefore cannot be returned as " unfit for purpose".

CPC are correct here, "unfit for purpose" would have been evident
from initial purchase. You would be better using "satisfactory
quality" IMHO but IANAL. It is a quality issue with the motor being
not being of high enough quality to last for an acceptable period of
time.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article o.uk,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
Please be assured that we do not intentionally despatch goods deemed
to be unfit for purpose and should a fault occur within any warranty
period we would endeavour to rectify this situation.

It might be worth reminding CPC that under EU law consumer purchases
have a 24 month warranty period not
12.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/bargain...and-guides/art
icle.html?in_article_id=487339&in_page_id=53954&in _advicepage_id=131

http://tinyurl.com/24-Warranty

Read that carefully and have a look at the 1999/44/EC EU Directive,
it is a grey area.

My guess is CPC are fully aware of this and will only observe it if you
sue them. Which quite honestly isn't worth the bother for such a low cost
item.

--
*What hair colour do they put on the driver's license of a bald man? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 07:57:31 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

It might be worth reminding CPC that under EU law consumer purchases
have a 24 month warranty period not 12.

It would except there is no such law and indeed no requirement to
provide any warranty whatsoever.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian Brentnall wrote:
[...]

Following up my own post....
Clarke's (bless 'em!) have kindly sent me a new motor start capacitor -
which fits in a 'pod' on the outside of the motor. I't rated 6uF /
450vAC. The original has two black wires that disappear into the innards
of the motor (don't want to go there ! g) - but the new one has a
black wire and a grey wire. Am I right in guessing that this is likely
an unpolarised capacitor, and can be connected in either way round ?

I was going to snip the original wires and butt-crimp the new connections...

Meanwhile - CPC who sold me the thing in the first place - have sent me
a second email .... as follows -

"My position within CPC is to deal with any feedback that comes through,
whether or not this be negative or positive. My role has been
established in order to liaise with the General Manager, Contact Centre
Manager and all other departments, passing information so that we can
strive to improve our service at all levels.
Whilst I do not wish to enter into any conflict our position remains the
same. Your order was placed 8th April 2009 and therefore out of any
warranty period for return. I am aware that a " hobby drill" is not to
be used in an everyday situation and please be assured that I am not
suggesting you have done so, however we are unable to prove how and in
what application this has been used and with it being out of its
warranty period we are unable to accept this back for replacement or credit.
As previously stated an inherent fault under the " not fit for purpose"
legislation would mean that the goods have been faulty since date of
despatch and you would have not had any use from this equipment, there
are no notes against this order to suggest otherwise. After the 1st 6
months from date of despatch it would be the customers responsibility to
prove that the item in question was not fit for purpose. If you would
like to return the part for inspection I am more than happy to do so but
please note this is not a return for credit or replacement. I will
request that our engineers take a look at the drill and ask their
advise, once this has been processed I will of course update you as to
their findings.

Should you wish to proceed with the above please feel free to contact me. "

Love the bit about 'strive to improve our service at all levels' -
but, in essence, the message is the same as the last email - "f**k off"!

.......nice !

So - top marks to Clarke's - CPC "nil point"

Shame that their delivery costs are so cheap - everything else about
their service is pretty awful!

Ho hum...
Adrian

Need suggestions for bench finish Albasani Home Repair 6 June 24th 09 12:39 PM
craftsman bench top drill press drill holder model 335.25987 bizHB Woodturning 2 April 24th 07 12:48 PM
Bench vise suggestions... Dave Jackson Woodworking 10 February 8th 05 04:14 AM
Bench suggestions Kathy Woodworking 4 January 4th 05 03:24 PM
Bench Top Drill Press That Can Swing Drill Head Jay Chan Woodworking 8 April 4th 04 10:17 PM