Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Patio Door hinges - identification, supplier or spares ?

We've a set of patio doors, with three hinges per door, in white. Each
hinge comprises the mechanical hinge part, and a steel clip-on cap,
painted white.

Here's an example of a "good" one:-

http://summat.co.uk/DSC_0027.jpg

Now, the problem is that on one of them the clip-on cover has rusted
through, quite badly:-

http://summat.co.uk/DSC_0024.jpg

http://summat.co.uk/DSC_0025.jpg

Removing the cover, the hinge itself looks fine, apart from a bit of
staining from the cover, but I'm not worried about that:-

http://summat.co.uk/DSC_0026.jpg

So, my question(s)...

Can anyone identify the hinge type / manufacturer, so that I can either
buy the whole hinge and replace the cap from the new one, or try to
source a replacement cap. Does anyone know of a supplier that is likely
to provide spares?

As always, any help from the knowledgables always welcome.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike Dodd" wrote in message

We've a set of patio doors, with three hinges per door, in white. Each
hinge comprises the mechanical hinge part, and a steel clip-on cap,
painted white.

Here's an example of a "good" one:-

http://summat.co.uk/DSC_0027.jpg

Have you tried contacting the original fitters for help? They might be able
to tell you who they buy their fitting from.

Or have a web search for "hinges with covers" or the like.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 8 Aug, 17:16, Mike Dodd wrote:
[...]

You could try DG Supplyline - I bought some multi-point locks for some
timber doors from them, and they were very helpful. Their main
business seems to be hardware/spare parts for plastic doors and
windows.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 02:34:01 -0700 (PDT), Bolted
wrote:

On 8 Aug, 17:16, Mike Dodd wrote:
[...]

or here
https://www.upvc-hardware.co.uk/by-a...upvc-doors-93/

Phil
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 8 Aug, 17:16, Mike Dodd wrote:
We've a set of patio doors, with three hinges per door, in white. Each
hinge comprises the mechanical hinge part, and a steel clip-on cap,
painted white.

Here's an example of a "good" one:-

http://summat.co.uk/DSC_0027.jpg

You could try DG Supplyline - I bought some multi-point locks for some
timber doors from them, and they were very helpful. Their main
business seems to be hardware/spare parts for plastic doors and

or here
https://www.upvc-hardware.co.uk/by-a...upvc-doors-93/

Phil

these look more like it