Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default show pump in the loft

Hello all and thanks for reading and for any replies in advance.

I have an old showferorce turbo shower pump installed in the loft for
a mixer shower which ceased up sometime ago and now the seals have
gone and it started to drip.

I went out and bought what I thought and advised was pretty much like
for like a Bristan varispeed water pump 50. I installed it onto the
same place using the same fitting and have 2 problems.

The first one being that it says no to install in the loft due to the
fact it could freeze. Is this a real problem, if it was wouldnt I of
had issues with the showerforce one which was there when I moved in.

Also the pump does not work anyway, i.e no water at all and the pump
does not kick in. I have test the voltage and it looks ok. Could this
be because it is installed in the wrong place. I.e it about 1 foot
below the cold water tank in the loft and above the hot water cylinder
in the airing cupboard. But again wouldnt this of been an issue with
the old one also.

Thanks again in advance for any advice.

Spence.