Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dehumidifiers, are they all peltier?

I am guessing that there are dehumidifiers with compressors in them?

We want a new one and I am looking for something a liitle less power hungry,
any recommendations?

Ta,
Rick

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ebac looks like a good place to start?

"R D S" wrote in message
I am guessing that there are dehumidifiers with compressors in them?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

R D S wrote:
Ebac looks like a good place to start?

I was about to say our ebac has a compressor. Flat out its max load can
approach 400W though IIRC.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
I am guessing that there are dehumidifiers with compressors in them?

We want a new one and I am looking for something a liitle less power
hungry, any recommendations?

Sainsbury had a small compressor one in a few months ago for about £70.
I don't recall the brand.

Ta,
Rick

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 14:41:08 +0100, R D S wrote:

I am guessing that there are dehumidifiers with compressors in them?

We want a new one and I am looking for something a liitle less power hungry,
any recommendations?

Mine's a compressor type, from B&Q, about £80 a couple of years ago. If
sine like since.

--
John Stumbles

Things don't like being anthropomorphised.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 28, 2:41*pm, "R D S" wrote:
I am guessing that there are dehumidifiers with compressors in them?

We want a new one and I am looking for something a liitle less power hungry,
any recommendations?

Ta,
Rick

Regular compressor types are around 200w for the cheaper ones, but
they only run part of the time.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 14:41:08 +0100, R D S wrote:

I am guessing that there are dehumidifiers with compressors in them?

We want a new one and I am looking for something a liitle less power
hungry,
any recommendations?

Mine's a compressor type, from B&Q, about £80 a couple of years ago. If
sine like since.

If
sine like since.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Wassat mean then ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 14:41:08 +0100, R D S wrote:

I am guessing that there are dehumidifiers with compressors in them?

We want a new one and I am looking for something a liitle less power
hungry, any recommendations?

Plenty he http://www.ehs-intl.co.uk/product/index.php?cid=36

I got a PD20DEN from them a while ago (for use in a drying cupboard).
They shipped it quickly and the unit is pretty good! It takes 410W at
full output, but they cycle on and off depending on the humidity so it
isn't a constant load.

--
Mick (Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web: http://www.nascom.info
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"R D S" writes:
I am guessing that there are dehumidifiers with compressors in them?

We want a new one and I am looking for something a liitle less power hungry,
any recommendations?

I've never seen a peliter dehumidifier.
Peltier heat pumps are much less efficient than compressors,
although they are normally used in lower heat pump capacity
applications where compressors are not viable.

Compressor models mostly seem to be 400W, but depending on
your application, you will probably want a humidistat to
control the humidity, either built-in to the dehumidifier, or
separately.

There's also a dehumidifier type which uses a dessicant disc,
but I've no experience of those.

What's the application? There are some potential problems with
running these in a house, due to the large humidity differential
they create.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Try this wonderfull thing called Google....

http://www.breathingspace.co.uk/pages/amberdry.php

My mate actually uses one of these installed on his landing and it has
stopped his winter window condensation problems. Moved to one of these as it
is virtually silent compared to his previous compressor based dehumidifier
that kept everyone awake at night. Has got the water tank plumbed in via a
syphon to empty automatically.

"R D S" wrote in message
I am guessing that there are dehumidifiers with compressors in them?

We want a new one and I am looking for something a liitle less power
hungry, any recommendations?

Ta,
Rick

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"mick" wrote in message
om...
On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 14:41:08 +0100, R D S wrote:

I am guessing that there are dehumidifiers with compressors in them?

We want a new one and I am looking for something a liitle less power
hungry, any recommendations?

Plenty he http://www.ehs-intl.co.uk/product/index.php?cid=36

I got a PD20DEN from them a while ago (for use in a drying cupboard).
They shipped it quickly and the unit is pretty good! It takes 410W at
full output, but they cycle on and off depending on the humidity so it
isn't a constant load.

I take it that is a compressor type as there is mention of refrigerant
rather than one of their dessicant rotor types.

I'm not bothered about noise, I quite like ambient noise as it blots out the
neighbours. What is it like on filters?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ian_m" wrote in message
Try this wonderfull thing called Google....

I might start using Google more if they allow filtering out of all the price
comparison sites.

http://www.breathingspace.co.uk/pages/amberdry.php

My mate actually uses one of these installed on his landing and it has
stopped his winter window condensation problems. Moved to one of these as
it is virtually silent compared to his previous compressor based
dehumidifier that kept everyone awake at night. Has got the water tank
plumbed in via a syphon to empty automatically.

I'm struggling to find power usage figures for most of their stuff.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 20:15:43 +0100, R D S wrote:

snip
I take it that is a compressor type as there is mention of refrigerant
rather than one of their dessicant rotor types.

I'm not bothered about noise, I quite like ambient noise as it blots out
the neighbours. What is it like on filters?

Yep, it's a compressor type. Not too noisy really - but we have a fair
bit of space between it and the living room! It has a removable grill
with a (quite coarse) washable nylon filter. Behind that is a HEPA filter
(supplied). You can get spares or, alternatively, a carbon filter
instead. I've not needed to touch any of them in over a year.

There is a place where you can attach a 12mm drainage hose for continuous
drain instead of using the bucket.

--
Mick (Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web: http://www.nascom.info
Filtering everything posted from googlegroups to kill spam.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 21:09:17 +0100, R wrote:

"John Stumbles" wrote in message

Mine's a compressor type, from B&Q, about £80 a couple of years ago. If
sine like since.

If
sine like since.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Wassat mean then ?

Sorry, I was trying to say that I've seen them on sale at similar prices
since.

--
John Stumbles

Xenophobia? Sounds a bit foreign to me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 20:17:31 +0100, R D S wrote:

I'm struggling to find power usage figures for most of their stuff.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""""""""""""""

Amber Dry's 5 Innovations.

2. Effective use of electricity.
In addition to drying your home, Amber dry also generates warmed air,
raised in temperaure by up to 12deg C.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""""""""""""""

Hmmn, "effective" use of electricity, to generate quite a lot of heat (by
the sound of it) from electricity, in addition to dehumidifying?

--
John Stumbles

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana
Tits like coconuts

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29 July, 20:17, "R D S" wrote:
"ian_m" wrote in message

Try this wonderfull thing called Google....

I might start using Google more if they allow filtering out of all the price
comparison sites.

http://www.givemebackmygoogle.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David" wrote in message
On 29 July, 20:17, "R D S" wrote:
"ian_m" wrote in message

Try this wonderfull thing called Google....

I might start using Google more if they allow filtering out of all the
price
comparison sites.

http://www.givemebackmygoogle.com/

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

R D S wrote:
"ian_m" wrote in message
Try this wonderfull thing called Google....

I might start using Google more if they allow filtering out of all
the price comparison sites.

They drive me bloody mad! If you do follow the link inviarably what you
want isn't there anyway. Grrrr.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 18:55:25 GMT, The Medway Handyman wrote:

R D S wrote:
"ian_m" wrote in message
Try this wonderfull thing called Google....

I might start using Google more if they allow filtering out of all
the price comparison sites.

They drive me bloody mad! If you do follow the link inviarably what you
want isn't there anyway. Grrrr.

There are some utilities available that will store copied phrases and
there's also SuperKeys (which I use - but it can be flagged as malware).

To solve the problem of the comparison sites, I just click in the 'exclude'
field, hit # then - and SK drops in:

ebay "compare prices" compare amazon bizrate kelkoo dooyoo pricerunner
shopzilla nextag shoppingcentre freebytes medusa teloos "192.com"
"shop.com" betterdeals "ec21.com" "price comparison" pricemate "ciao.com"
kellysearch fastfinders

every so often I add a few more. As you say, it's often not what you want,
or the prices are high (to pay the comparison site) or, most annoyingly, it
says "sorry, we couldn't find (your item)".

When I get a tuit I'll mod. my Yahoo and Google wibbles (all the prefs.
without cookies) to include a load of exclusions and put 'en up here.
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 22:04:34 +0100, PeterC wrote:

To solve the problem of the comparison sites, I just click in the
'exclude' field, hit # then - and SK drops in:

Exclude field? Can't find that. There is a "But don't show pages that
have... any of these unwanted words:" field but that isn't quite the
same. I want to remove certain domains from the results not pages
that simply contain certain words.

I have found you can turn the pesky "Query Suggestions" off though.
B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.

dehumidifiers sherry[_2_] Home Repair 19 April 12th 08 07:10 AM
dehumidifiers Art Home Repair 13 June 21st 07 09:18 PM
Peltier Junction experiences? [email protected] Electronics 0 August 2nd 06 04:00 AM
DeHumidifiers The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 0 October 30th 05 01:42 PM
Peltier cooler Karl Vorwerk Metalworking 32 February 12th 05 11:09 AM