Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Nickel bootlace ferrules

Anyone know where I could buy a small number of nickel (or
other high temperature) bootlace ferrules or butt crimps?
Nearest I've found so far are M4 eyelets from CPC, and just
cut the crimp part off the eyelet, but they're still too
big. They're for criming ni-chrome element, so I can't use
brass or copper crimps, which can't run hot enough.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Anyone know where I could buy a small number of nickel (or
other high temperature) bootlace ferrules or butt crimps?
Nearest I've found so far are M4 eyelets from CPC, and just
cut the crimp part off the eyelet, but they're still too
big. They're for criming ni-chrome element, so I can't use
brass or copper crimps, which can't run hot enough.

I bought a set in Makro a while back, made by Meister - consisted of the
tool plus crimps of a eight or so assorted sizes. It does not state the
material - but they look like they could be a nickel type of metal -
quite thin walled and fairly hard.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Furnace or kiln supplies?
Many round kilns just run several rings of coiled nichrome inside the
perimeter. The nichrome might be made off to ceramic terminal blocks
outside the kiln, thereby permitting lower temperature connections to
be used (re supply wire).

Nickel tube?
A bootlace ferrule at small sizes is just a tube. So buy nickel tube
sized to match the wire & ratchet crimp as usual.

Perhaps search for "nickel tube crimp" rather than bootlace ferrule?
They must exist as I've seen them on various fan heaters and other
similar applications.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
Anyone know where I could buy a small number of nickel (or
other high temperature) bootlace ferrules or butt crimps?
Nearest I've found so far are M4 eyelets from CPC, and just
cut the crimp part off the eyelet, but they're still too
big. They're for criming ni-chrome element, so I can't use
brass or copper crimps, which can't run hot enough.

What about AMP strato-therm crimps from RS etc.
RS stock code 397-5682 for example

http://docs-europe.electrocomponents...66b80093041.pd
Neil J. Harris

How do you crimp ferrules Jack Home Repair 7 March 1st 19 04:14 PM
File handles for scrapers - wedge holes and ferrules LowEnergyParticle Woodworking 6 May 27th 07 01:33 AM
metal bootlace aglets [email protected] UK diy 25 April 27th 06 12:49 PM
bootleg ferrules Andrew Gabriel UK diy 5 April 15th 06 03:15 PM
Two headed nickel jim Metalworking 17 September 3rd 03 12:00 AM