Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default SWA 25mm to 25mm threaded adaptors

I have a nice metal box with a threaded hole that will nicely take a 25mm
SWA gland without a locking nut. However the cable I intend to use only
needs a 20mm armoured gland.

Is there an adaptor available to fit the hole that will change it from 25mm
to 20mm?

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.thesitebox.com/Category/5...-reducers.aspx

Gordon

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"rocky" wrote in message
http://www.thesitebox.com/Category/5...-reducers.aspx

Gordon

Cheers.

My wholesalers could not find anything yesterday.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Also at TLC - but more expensive - if they are more convenient for you

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products...25slash20.html

Anyone know a source of the same thing for plastic conduit please? (I
know TLC do reducers but they seem just to join 25mm to 20mm conduit
whereas I'd much rather just have something to lock 25mm into a 20mm
hole.)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

neverwas wrote:
Also at TLC - but more expensive - if they are more convenient for you

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products...25slash20.html

Anyone know a source of the same thing for plastic conduit please? (I
know TLC do reducers but they seem just to join 25mm to 20mm conduit
whereas I'd much rather just have something to lock 25mm into a 20mm
hole.)

Bugger. Just realised that doesn't give you a 20mm *hole*, only a 20mm
thread to fit a 20mm hole. Sorry.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Anyone know a source of the same thing for plastic conduit please? (I
know TLC do reducers but they seem just to join 25mm to 20mm conduit
whereas I'd much rather just have something to lock 25mm into a 20mm
hole.)

www.farnell.co.uk

Reducer (M20 fitting into M25 hole, eg, CW20 into M25)...
- 1204224 - Chromed Brass - £1.31
- 1204216 - Plastic - £1.39

Enlarger (M25 fitting into M20 hole, eg, CW25 into M20)...
- 1204229 - Chromed Brass Round - £1.90
- 4380460 - Brass ATEX Hex - £5.61

M25 into M20 in plastic may be more difficult, do a google under
"Enlarger" or "Adapter" rather than "Reducer".
--
Jason.

16mm or 25mm tails ac1951[_2_] UK diy 1 January 18th 09 04:25 PM
plastic stopcocks on 25mm MDPE sm_jamieson UK diy 6 July 15th 08 11:43 PM
2x2.5mm t+e in 25mm oval Ian Atkinson UK diy 6 October 4th 06 04:56 PM
Armoured cable capacity 1.25mm? Nigel Molesworth UK diy 6 July 20th 06 08:16 PM
Anyone need any Blue 25mm MDPE? [email protected] UK diy 1 June 14th 06 08:44 PM