Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Web Sites for Colour Co-ordination inc Carpeting etc

Hi all

I know you can get colour wheels from sheds for compatible paint colours,
but are there any sites where you can build up a "room" to show ceiling,
wall and carpet colours all at the same time?
I know this is a tall order and PC colour rendition varies etc etc.
But it seems to take an age to get SWMBO settled particularly on wall and
carpet colours.(white ceilings being the generally accepted standard).

TIA

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 9, 8:38*am, "TheScullster" wrote:
Hi all

I know you can get colour wheels from sheds for compatible paint colours,
but are there any sites where you can build up a "room" to show ceiling,
wall and carpet colours all at the same time?
I know this is a tall order and PC colour rendition varies etc etc.
But it seems to take an age to get SWMBO settled particularly on wall and
carpet colours.(white ceilings being the generally accepted standard).

TIA

Phil

I dont remember anything about it, but:
http://www.swatchbox.com/atsignaturedetail.asp#

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"NT" wrote

I dont remember anything about it, but:
http://www.swatchbox.com/atsignaturedetail.asp#

Thanks NT

That's almost what I was looking for, but would prefer a solution that
allows carpet colour to be set.

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 08:38:00 +0100, "TheScullster"
wrote:

Hi all

I know you can get colour wheels from sheds for compatible paint colours,
but are there any sites where you can build up a "room" to show ceiling,
wall and carpet colours all at the same time?
I know this is a tall order and PC colour rendition varies etc etc.
But it seems to take an age to get SWMBO settled particularly on wall and
carpet colours.(white ceilings being the generally accepted standard).

Not what you asked for but we took pics of the rooms, put them on the
computer and then used a graphic package to change the colours by
selecting each area, floor, walls etc. There's plenty of freebies out
there, Gimp, Photofiltre, Serif Photoplus hak, spit or even Windows
Paint which would do the job.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry" wrote

Not what you asked for but we took pics of the rooms, put them on the
computer and then used a graphic package to change the colours by
selecting each area, floor, walls etc. There's plenty of freebies out
there, Gimp, Photofiltre, Serif Photoplus hak, spit or even Windows
Paint which would do the job.

Thanks Harry - nice idea that

My reservation on that one would be that the area is hall, stairs and
landing.
From the refurb photos I took, it became clear that it is difficult to get a
shot that is representative (at least with our camera).
Either the angle is too narrow, or the contrast is blown by the windows at
intermediate and main landing levels.

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 9, 8:38*am, "TheScullster" wrote:
Hi all

I know you can get colour wheels from sheds for compatible paint colours,
but are there any sites where you can build up a "room" to show ceiling,
wall and carpet colours all at the same time?
I know this is a tall order and PC colour rendition varies etc etc.
But it seems to take an age to get SWMBO settled particularly on wall and
carpet colours.(white ceilings being the generally accepted standard).

TIA

Phil

Build a model of the room in google sketchup then apply colours/
textures to the wall/ceiling/floor surfaces and talk a walk throgh it.

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

TheScullster wrote:
Hi all

I know you can get colour wheels from sheds for compatible paint colours,
but are there any sites where you can build up a "room" to show ceiling,
wall and carpet colours all at the same time?
I know this is a tall order and PC colour rendition varies etc etc.
But it seems to take an age to get SWMBO settled particularly on wall and
carpet colours.(white ceilings being the generally accepted standard).

TIA

Phil

Do you want to do this to your room or a generic room just to get an
idea of colours? If the latter then the Dulux website has something that
will do that - although I have never used it.

Andrew
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew May wrote:
TheScullster wrote:
Hi all

I know you can get colour wheels from sheds for compatible paint
colours, but are there any sites where you can build up a "room" to
show ceiling, wall and carpet colours all at the same time?
I know this is a tall order and PC colour rendition varies etc etc.
But it seems to take an age to get SWMBO settled particularly on wall
and carpet colours.(white ceilings being the generally accepted
standard).

TIA

Phil

Do you want to do this to your room or a generic room just to get an
idea of colours? If the latter then the Dulux website has something that
will do that - although I have never used it.

Absolutely NO point.

The colours all look different once in place, and whilst it is every
woman's conceit that she has an eye for colour, it is also every woman's
prerogative to change her mind and hate it once its all installed.

In truth, women are just as crap at colour co-ordination, they just care
more about it. Having adopted the mantle of Knowing All About It, they
will be looking to blame someone else when it goes wrong. Which it will.

My advice is to simply turn over the newspaper, pour another coffee, and
say 'whatever you want dearest, as long as its not over £1000 per room'

If you leave a £500 contingent for changing half of it to match the
other half, you will at least be in a position to say 'but my dear, it
was entirely your decision, I played no part whatsoever'

Andrew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
The colours all look different once in place, and whilst it is every
woman's conceit that she has an eye for colour, it is also every woman's
prerogative to change her mind and hate it once its all installed.

In truth, women are just as crap at colour co-ordination, they just care
more about it. Having adopted the mantle of Knowing All About It, they
will be looking to blame someone else when it goes wrong. Which it will.

There is a degree of truth in it. Far more men have a degree of colour
blindness than women.

--
*Two many clicks spoil the browse *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

TheScullster wrote:
Hi all

I know you can get colour wheels from sheds for compatible paint
colours, but are there any sites where you can build up a "room" to
show ceiling, wall and carpet colours all at the same time?
I know this is a tall order and PC colour rendition varies etc etc.
But it seems to take an age to get SWMBO settled particularly on wall
and carpet colours.(white ceilings being the generally accepted
standard).

M&S used to sell a CD which allowed you to do that on your PC.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk