Andrew

Default Do condensing gas fires exist ?

I have tried google for an answer but can only find very occasional
reference to these.
If there are condensing boilers, then why not condensing gas fires to
extract the potentially wasted heat from the flue ?
--
Andrew
tarquinlinbin

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 00:33:49 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

I have tried google for an answer but can only find very occasional
reference to these.
If there are condensing boilers, then why not condensing gas fires to
extract the potentially wasted heat from the flue ?

They did but i cant say if they are currently produced glow worm used
to do one i seem to remember. I have fitted a few in my time.
Mark Atherton

There was an article in yesterdays Sunday Times about flueless gas fires
said to be 100% efficient.They use a catalytic converter to clean the
combustion gasses.Two websites: www.burley.co.uk and www.fires2U.co.uk .
e-mail me if you want a scanned copy of the article.
Mark Atherton

Baxi fires P and H Macguire UK diy 4 January 13th 06 09:31 AM
Condensing Tumble Driers Mick UK diy 39 October 14th 03 12:18 AM
Upgrade to a Condensing boiler - yes or no? robf UK diy 12 August 27th 03 10:10 PM
New Condensing Boiler and Shower Bjorn UK diy 19 August 13th 03 03:54 PM