Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi hoist cable questions

Hello,

I've finally bought an Aldi hoist. The power cable seems very short
doesn't it?

The other cable, the one to the control, is causing me some concern.
The way it was packed in the box has meant that there is a slight nick
in the rubber. It doesn't seem to go all the way through and the hoist
seems to work. Should I write it off as cosmetic or is it worth
replacing whilst under warranty in case it has damaged the wire
inside?

I notice there are two switches built into the hoist but they are not
really mentioned in the instructions. It looks as though one is
switched when the red disc at the end of the cable touches it. This
would switch the hoist off when all the cable is rewound. That makes
sense. What is the other switch for? It seems to move sideways but I
couldn't see what would move that in use?

TIA
Stephen.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29 June, 16:38, Stephen wrote:

I've finally bought an Aldi hoist. The power cable seems very short
doesn't it?

Only briefly. 8-)

The way it was packed in the box has meant that there is a slight nick
in the rubber. It doesn't seem to go all the way through and the hoist
seems to work. Should I write it off as cosmetic

Up to you - you've seen it. It's pretty solid stuff though.

What is the other switch for? It seems to move sideways

Stops the hoist if the cable jumps the drum, usually caused by either
a kinked cable, or reeling it in with no weight on.

Aldi hoist Stephen[_6_] UK diy 7 June 4th 09 01:41 AM
Aldi electric cable hoist Stephen[_6_] UK diy 13 February 2nd 09 10:01 PM
2 (more) cable crimping questions Steve UK diy 6 November 24th 08 10:58 PM
Questions on hoist set up Ivan Vegvary Metalworking 4 June 19th 04 09:59 PM
Need Cable TV expert - I have questions exray Electronics Repair 4 March 28th 04 02:29 PM