Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default threshold strips

I put all the downstars ones down using Stixall. They are mounted on an
ashphalt floor and Stixall is the only thing I have found that bonds the
plastic strip that the metal part mounts into, to the ashphalt floor.
The store I bought it from has not had any in stock for over 3 months now.

Is there an alternative to Stixall? Wife is getting impatient.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26 June, 16:32, Dave wrote:

Is there an alternative to Stixall? Wife is getting impatient.

How about Sticks Like Sh*t (yes, really!) from Evo-Stik - available at
Screwfix http://www.screwfix.com/prods/22070# .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rory wrote:
On 26 June, 16:32, Dave wrote:

Is there an alternative to Stixall? Wife is getting impatient.

How about Sticks Like Sh*t (yes, really!) from Evo-Stik - available at
Screwfix http://www.screwfix.com/prods/22070# .

I have looked at that, but the retailer I use is not too sure if it will
react with ashphalt. It looks like some of the adhesives do.

Come Monday, I am going to find our local adhesive agent (they recently
moved) and ask them. I have got totally brassed off with trying to find
something. The last thing I used stuck down for 48 hours and then
started to lift up at the ends, so I don't want that happening again.
I'm getting too old for chipping out the failed adhesive these days :-(

Well, not too old, but I can find better things to do :-)

Thanks, all the same.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Dave
writes
I put all the downstars ones down using Stixall. They are mounted on an
ashphalt floor and Stixall is the only thing I have found that bonds
the plastic strip that the metal part mounts into, to the ashphalt
floor. The store I bought it from has not had any in stock for over 3
months now.

Seems to be available from plenty of places online, including Ebay,
which might be the cheapest if you just want a tube if a seller does
reasonable postage
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

chris French wrote:
In message , Dave
writes
I put all the downstars ones down using Stixall. They are mounted on
an ashphalt floor and Stixall is the only thing I have found that
bonds the plastic strip that the metal part mounts into, to the
ashphalt floor. The store I bought it from has not had any in stock
for over 3 months now.

Seems to be available from plenty of places online, including Ebay,
which might be the cheapest if you just want a tube if a seller does
reasonable postage

Thanks, I'll take a look

Dave

Help installing threshold [email protected] Home Repair 1 September 26th 06 12:05 AM
Threshold Strip? Tom UK diy 5 February 19th 06 11:05 AM
Threshold air gap problem grandad Home Repair 3 November 20th 05 12:00 AM
Threshold D'Olier Home Repair 6 April 14th 05 09:26 PM
long threshold Andrew Barnes UK diy 3 October 10th 04 08:47 PM