Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help installing threshold

Hi,

Just looking for a few words of wisdom installed a new threshold in
place of the broken one seen he

http://i.math.drexel.edu/~pg/thresh.jpg

(Contractor dissappeared on me with the job half done, can't find a
replacement.)

I know that the threshold needs to be a little above the tiles. But
that's about all I know. Beyond that is it just a matter of mixing
cement and creating a bed of cement underneath it of just the right
height and putting the threshold on top of it and letting it set?

I would appreciate any advice and/or useful links!

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron Fude

Posted to alt.home.repair

think of it as a big tile, you can get one cut to size at your tile
store, and set it just like you would a tile. setting it a little above
the tile floor is advisable to keep accidental spills from getting out.

Empressess #124457

The best Games

Hi,

Just looking for a few words of wisdom installed a new threshold in
place of the broken one seen he

http://i.math.drexel.edu/~pg/thresh.jpg

(Contractor dissappeared on me with the job half done, can't find a
replacement.)

I know that the threshold needs to be a little above the tiles. But
that's about all I know. Beyond that is it just a matter of mixing
cement and creating a bed of cement underneath it of just the right
height and putting the threshold on top of it and letting it set?

I would appreciate any advice and/or useful links!

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron Fude

Misaligned Threshold Locking Pin in French Doors tacker Home Repair 7 November 12th 05 09:03 PM
Carpet to hardwood floor threshold [email protected] Home Repair 2 May 1st 05 10:13 PM
Threshold D'Olier Home Repair 6 April 14th 05 09:26 PM
patio door threshold issue Gary Roan Home Repair 1 February 15th 05 05:53 PM
Rotten exterior door threshold Childfree Scott Home Repair 9 November 16th 04 10:10 PM