Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Xpelair GXC6 rear cable entry

I've just got an Xpelair GXC6 extractor fan, I'd prefer to conceal the cable
in the wall rather than have a trailing flex from the FCU. According to the
instructions there's supposed to be a rear entry knockout but there was no
obvious knockout visible when I removed the terminal cover. Does anyone
have experience of this model?

--
Mike Clarke
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike Clarke" wrote in message
o.uk...

I've just got an Xpelair GXC6 extractor fan, I'd prefer to conceal the
cable
in the wall rather than have a trailing flex from the FCU. According to
the
instructions there's supposed to be a rear entry knockout but there was no
obvious knockout visible when I removed the terminal cover. Does anyone
have experience of this model?

--
Mike Clarke

At the top right near the electrical connections if my memory is correct.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 24, 4:12*pm, Mike Clarke wrote:
I've just got an Xpelair GXC6 extractor fan, I'd prefer to conceal the cable
in the wall rather than have a trailing flex from the FCU. According to the
instructions there's supposed to be a rear entry knockout but there was no
obvious knockout visible when I removed the terminal cover. Does anyone
have experience of this model?

Is it a problem to cut or drill one?

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

At the top right near the electrical connections if my memory is correct.

That's what I was expecting but the only place that looks possible is down
the inside of the hollow post that acts as a cable grip for top entry
flexes but there isn't room for the cable between the top of the post and
the terminal cover. The other circular marks just look like moulding marks,
certainly not enough weakening to be knockouts. There's a photo at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rawthey/3657252213/ if anyone's interested.

--
Mike Clarke
Posted to uk.d-i-y

NT wrote:

Is it a problem to cut or drill one?

Not a major problem but if there's a knockout available I'd rather use that
than make creative modifications to the casing.

--
Mike Clarke

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike Clarke" wrote in message
news
ARWadsworth wrote:

At the top right near the electrical connections if my memory is correct.

That's what I was expecting but the only place that looks possible is down
the inside of the hollow post that acts as a cable grip for top entry
flexes but there isn't room for the cable between the top of the post and
the terminal cover. The other circular marks just look like moulding
marks,
certainly not enough weakening to be knockouts. There's a photo at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rawthey/3657252213/ if anyone's interested.

--
Mike Clarke

It is the one to the right of the letter T.

It would be better to drill it than try to knock it out.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

It is the one to the right of the letter T.

It would be better to drill it than try to knock it out.

Thanks for the help Adam. I'll certainly drill rather than knock, the
indentation looks far to shallow to knock out without taking extra
surrounding material with it.

--
Mike Clarke

Cable entry cosmetics - plasterboard Ron Lowe UK diy 10 September 3rd 08 08:04 PM
Beefing up the cable entry to ps box N Cook Electronics Repair 2 January 9th 08 08:08 PM
Xpelair GX9. / WX9. Peter C UK diy 0 April 24th 07 12:21 AM
Service Entry Cable caused partial blackout in my house? [email protected] Home Repair 10 August 5th 06 03:27 PM
Sealer for Cable Entry TheScullster UK diy 4 May 9th 05 08:58 PM