Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Looking for suppliers of clamps, latches, etc.

I'm after some latches (maybe toggle clamps or similar) for various
uses out of doors (cupboard doors, chicken house, sheds, etc) and I;m
having little luck in finding anything suitable at all.

I've tried the usual Screwfix, Toolstation, CPC, Farnell, etc. and
have not found anything like what I'm after. I either want some
big[gish] toggle latches (much bigger than Screwfix or CPC have) or
maybe some sort of elastic loop and hook arangement.

Can anyone suggest suppliers of this sort of thing?

--
Chris Green

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
I'm after some latches (maybe toggle clamps or similar) for various
uses out of doors (cupboard doors, chicken house, sheds, etc) and I;m
having little luck in finding anything suitable at all.

I've tried the usual Screwfix, Toolstation, CPC, Farnell, etc. and
have not found anything like what I'm after. I either want some
big[gish] toggle latches (much bigger than Screwfix or CPC have) or
maybe some sort of elastic loop and hook arangement.

Can anyone suggest suppliers of this sort of thing?

Can I take this opportunity to nominate the traditional rabbit-hutch latch:
http://www.e-hardware.co.uk/acatalog/Turn_Buttons.html
as the poorest piece of design one is likely to encounter?

Why is it so perfectly balanced when it so obviously needs a bias
so gravity tends to keep the door latched?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24 June, 14:41, wrote:
I'm after some latches

Isaac Lord ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 24, 2:41*pm, wrote:
Looking for suppliers of clamps, latches, etc.

Anne summers?

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 24, 2:41*pm, wrote:
I'm after some latches (maybe toggle clamps or similar) for various
uses out of doors (cupboard doors, chicken house, sheds, etc) and I;m
having little luck in finding anything suitable at all.

ironmongerydirect.co.uk?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
I'm after some latches (maybe toggle clamps or similar) for various
uses out of doors (cupboard doors, chicken house, sheds, etc) and I;m
having little luck in finding anything suitable at all.

I've tried the usual Screwfix, Toolstation, CPC, Farnell, etc. and
have not found anything like what I'm after. I either want some
big[gish] toggle latches (much bigger than Screwfix or CPC have) or
maybe some sort of elastic loop and hook arangement.

Can anyone suggest suppliers of this sort of thing?

Something like
http://www.wilcodirect.co.uk/index.p...3kjau326m7uuv7
--
Chris Green

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Woodfit

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Dingley wrote:
On 24 June, 14:41, wrote:
I'm after some latches

Isaac Lord ?

They seem to stock all the same sorts of things I can find elsewhere
that I don't want. They have the standard suffolk/norfolk latches and
'automatic' gate latches but I can't see anything much else. They do
have one possibly useful toggle fastener:-

http://www.isaaclord.co.uk/productDe...511&subCat=000

but I'm really after something like this in stainless steel and/or
with rubber/elastic parts.

--
Chris Green

Posted to uk.d-i-y

s0lstice wrote:
On Jun 24, 2:41Â*pm, wrote:
I'm after some latches (maybe toggle clamps or similar) for various
uses out of doors (cupboard doors, chicken house, sheds, etc) and I;m
having little luck in finding anything suitable at all.

ironmongerydirect.co.uk?

Same as Isaac Lord, a few toggle latches (called Cabinet Case Latches)
but nothing in stainless steel or really suitable for outside doors.

--
Chris Green

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

wrote in message
I'm after some latches (maybe toggle clamps or similar) for various
uses out of doors (cupboard doors, chicken house, sheds, etc) and I;m
having little luck in finding anything suitable at all.

I've tried the usual Screwfix, Toolstation, CPC, Farnell, etc. and
have not found anything like what I'm after. I either want some
big[gish] toggle latches (much bigger than Screwfix or CPC have) or
maybe some sort of elastic loop and hook arangement.

Can anyone suggest suppliers of this sort of thing?

Something like
http://www.wilcodirect.co.uk/index.p...3kjau326m7uuv7

Yes, that's the sort of thing I have in mind, thanks for the link.
They're a little pricey but not too bad I guess.

--
Chris Green

Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote:
Woodfit

All indoor stuff I think.

--
Chris Green

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25 June, 09:59, wrote:

but I'm really after something like this in stainless steel and/or
with rubber/elastic parts.

Boat chandlers? Bring the big chequebook!

Good brand of latches? Andy Champ UK diy 5 November 14th 07 08:46 PM
Clamps - 40"+ sized clamps Coltrane Woodworking 34 January 7th 07 04:31 AM
Irwin Quick Grip clamps vs Jorgensen ISD clamps Ranger Paul Woodworking 0 January 12th 06 04:43 AM
Magnetic Door Latches Home Repair 1 March 4th 05 09:39 PM
Sliding Window Latches Bob G Home Repair 0 November 13th 04 03:55 PM