Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lavatory rolls in men's stalls

Edward wrote:
I apologise for going OT but curiosity must be satisfied.

So, the trap at work has a normal loo roll holder (as opposed to one
of those corporate jobs where you need a key). On a shelf in the trap
is a bumper pack of Tesco's cheapest loo rolls.

What I've noticed is that, from time to time, an unattached loo roll
appears parked on top of the loo roll holder, which continues to hold
a roll with plenty of sheets. I can understand when the loo roll is
parked on an empty cardboard tube - obviously mummy isn't on hand to
change the loo roll for diddums, but why do some men (a man?) find it
necessary to start a new roll when there's a perfectly serviceable,
unfinished roll on the go?

More important though - is the end of the roll away from the wall or next to
it?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

More important though - is the end of the roll away from the wall or next to
it?

Depends if there's a cat in the house.

--
Ian White
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17 June, 08:30, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Edward wrote:
I apologise for going OT but curiosity must be satisfied.

So, the trap at work has a normal loo roll holder (as opposed to one
of those corporate jobs where you need a key). *On a shelf in the trap
is a bumper pack of Tesco's cheapest loo rolls.

What I've noticed is that, from time to time, an unattached loo roll
appears parked on top of the loo roll holder, which continues to hold
a roll with plenty of sheets. *I can understand when the loo roll is
parked on an empty cardboard tube - obviously mummy isn't on hand to
change the loo roll for diddums, but why do some men (a man?) find it
necessary to start a new roll when there's a perfectly serviceable,
unfinished roll on the go?

More important though - is the end of the roll away from the wall or next to
it?

An important issue indeed that so far has been overlooked.
Away is the way forward, the new black and, not a lot of people know
this, the choice of the discerning.
Apart from anything else, if near you get nail varnish residue on the
wall if a top coat hasn't been applied (to said nail varnish, that
is).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 09:07:34 +0100, Ian White wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

More important though - is the end of the roll away from the wall or next to
it?

Depends if there's a cat in the house.

I've had no luck in getting any of ours to replace the bog paper when they
use a roll up, so that seems irrelevant.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

More important though - is the end of the roll away from the wall or next to
it?

Depends if there's a cat in the house.

I've had no luck in getting any of ours to replace the bog paper when they
use a roll up, so that seems irrelevant.

If any of them had discovered the fun of batting the roll with a paw to
make it spin round, you'd soon know the difference.

--
Ian White

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In uk.d-i-y, The Medway Handyman wrote:
More important though - is the end of the roll away from the wall or next to
it?

Away from it for ease of use.

Next to it for non-ease of use (for example by pets or children).

--
Mike Barnes
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 18:06:00 +0100, Ian White wrote:
If any of them had discovered the fun of batting the roll with a paw to
make it spin round, you'd soon know the difference.

I have known one of the dogs do that though, but only a couple of times
(said dog likes to chew on toilet paper and tissues once in a while - grr).

The cats have far more fun batting the dogs to make *them* spin round ;-)