Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lino expert Lino expert is offline

Default Lavatory rolls in men's stalls

On 17 June, 08:30, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Edward wrote:
I apologise for going OT but curiosity must be satisfied.

So, the trap at work has a normal loo roll holder (as opposed to one
of those corporate jobs where you need a key). *On a shelf in the trap
is a bumper pack of Tesco's cheapest loo rolls.

What I've noticed is that, from time to time, an unattached loo roll
appears parked on top of the loo roll holder, which continues to hold
a roll with plenty of sheets. *I can understand when the loo roll is
parked on an empty cardboard tube - obviously mummy isn't on hand to
change the loo roll for diddums, but why do some men (a man?) find it
necessary to start a new roll when there's a perfectly serviceable,
unfinished roll on the go?

More important though - is the end of the roll away from the wall or next to
it?

An important issue indeed that so far has been overlooked.
Away is the way forward, the new black and, not a lot of people know
this, the choice of the discerning.
Apart from anything else, if near you get nail varnish residue on the
wall if a top coat hasn't been applied (to said nail varnish, that
is).