Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Power shower problems - the resolution

Thanks to all who made suggestions about my problem of not having equal
or adequate pressures to an all-in-one power shower.

In the end I took a tee off the hot as it came out of the cylinder, ran
it up to the loft in 22mm with a full bore gate valve for isolation,
round a couple of swept bends then down 15mm to the shower, the same as
for the cold from the header tank.

It works a treat now - pressures during the swarf clearing bare-pipe
stage were identical, and I can run the pump at full blast without
starving it.

Quite a bit more work than the 'replace like-for-like' that I started
with, but satisfying to get it done.

Also quite scary to do it at a friends house while she was away for a few
days, then leave it unmonitored until she came back. I *thought* I'd
managed it with no leaks, but it was heating/cooling all the time, and
inside a wall etc. I had visions of her returning and ringing to ask me
what I planned to do about her new indoor water feature...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5 June, 20:48, PCPaul wrote:
[...]

".....her new indoor water feature...". had a friend from Manchester
come to stay with us near Edinburgh recently. She got a phone message
shortly after she arrived to say just that .... and that it had gone
through the party wall to the neighbour's next door !! Silly sausage
had left the kitchen tap running (hot too) with the plug in.

"Have I left the iron on .... or the kitchen sink running with the
plug in ?" Women !!

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"PCPaul" wrote in message
m...

Also quite scary to do it at a friends house while she was away for a few
days, then leave it unmonitored until she came back. I *thought* I'd
managed it with no leaks, but it was heating/cooling all the time, and
inside a wall etc. I had visions of her returning and ringing to ask me
what I planned to do about her new indoor water feature...

Did you go through her knicker drawers?

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 06 Jun 2009 13:07:24 +0000, ARWadsworth wrote:

"PCPaul" wrote in message
m...

Also quite scary to do it at a friends house while she was away for a
few days, then leave it unmonitored until she came back. I *thought*
I'd managed it with no leaks, but it was heating/cooling all the time,
and inside a wall etc. I had visions of her returning and ringing to
ask me what I planned to do about her new indoor water feature...

Did you go through her knicker drawers?

NO.. it was actually a job I was doing for my ex-wife... (we're still
friends)

Been there, done that is the phrase, I believe ;-)

Power shower problems PCPaul UK diy 12 May 18th 09 08:11 PM
meaningless resolution Bill Noble[_2_] Metalworking 17 January 17th 09 02:00 PM
New Year's Resolution KIMOSABE Woodworking 9 January 5th 09 08:25 PM
PM 66 adjustment help resolution TinWoodsmn Woodworking 2 November 5th 07 07:25 PM
power shower problems mp UK diy 15 May 14th 05 03:35 PM