Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Best brush/roller for painting rendered wall?

http://www.zen31010.zen.co.uk/images/wall.jpg

I've tried a masonary paint brush but it just does get to the gaps between
the stones so I'm guessing that a big squidgy roller would be better.

Any suggestions for type/brand?

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Downie wrote:
http://www.zen31010.zen.co.uk/images/wall.jpg

I've tried a masonary paint brush but it just does get to the gaps
between the stones so I'm guessing that a big squidgy roller would be
better.

Use thinned paint and a rotary action, with a brush.

I never found the roller any better at getting in the cracks. On stucco.

Plain render it works fine.

Any suggestions for type/brand?

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5 June, 14:22, "Tim Downie"
wrote:

I've tried a masonary paint brush

They're variable. I'm now using a nylon bristle one (No Frills DIY,
Newport) that's a bit stiffer than natural bristle and has solve my
similar problems.

but it just does get to the gaps between
the stones so I'm guessing that a big squidgy roller would be better.

No, you want a hairy, shaggy one.

On the whole though, the brush works better if the surface is awkward.
Other than that, consider spraying (if it's a big wall and the setup
effort is worth it)