Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y

Default Some interesting engineering and flying;)..

All so as you can watch your new digital telly;!..

One instance where you'd better be sure the holes do line up..

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/sandyheath/dso/dso1.php
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 May 2009 13:38:12 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

All so as you can watch your new digital telly;!..

One instance where you'd better be sure the holes do line up..

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/sandyheath/dso/dso1.php

I wonder if they got asked to align them to the nearest second...
Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:
All so as you can watch your new digital telly;!..

One instance where you'd better be sure the holes do line up..

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/sandyheath/dso/dso1.php

Cool, thanks for that.

I'm surprised the elf'nsafety mob allowed them to have that stonking
great thing lowered by chopper on to that teeny tiny platform, with all
those guys perched on it. Looked a bit too reminiscent of that that old
pub game using skittles and a pendulum...

David
Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 May 2009, tony sayer wrote:

All so as you can watch your new digital telly;!..

One instance where you'd better be sure the holes do line up..

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/sandyheath/dso/dso1.php

That's a lot of unecessary faff for something that is quality wise, worse
than the system it's replacing. Progress? Bah-humbug.

Steve.
Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:
tony sayer wrote:
All so as you can watch your new digital telly;!..

One instance where you'd better be sure the holes do line up..

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/sandyheath/dso/dso1.php

Cool, thanks for that.

I'm surprised the elf'nsafety mob allowed them to have that stonking
great thing lowered by chopper on to that teeny tiny platform, with all
those guys perched on it. Looked a bit too reminiscent of that that old
pub game using skittles and a pendulum...

David

Oh its easy. You do a risk assessment that says 'this is bloody risky'
and everyone is satisfied.

Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:
tony sayer wrote:
All so as you can watch your new digital telly;!..

One instance where you'd better be sure the holes do line up..

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/sandyheath/dso/dso1.php

Cool, thanks for that.

I'm surprised the elf'nsafety mob allowed them to have that stonking
great thing lowered by chopper on to that teeny tiny platform, with all
those guys perched on it. Looked a bit too reminiscent of that that old
pub game using skittles and a pendulum...

David

Oh its easy. You do a risk assessment that says 'this is bloody risky' and
everyone is satisfied.

The phrase 'On balance, this is the safest of all possible options' reads
better if something does go wrong.

Colin Bignell

Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y

Steve wrote:

On Fri, 29 May 2009, tony sayer wrote:

All so as you can watch your new digital telly;!..

One instance where you'd better be sure the holes do line up..

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/sandyheath/dso/dso1.php

That's a lot of unecessary faff for something that is quality wise, worse
than the system it's replacing. Progress? Bah-humbug.

Never mind the quality, feel the width!

It's only lower quality if you fill the available bandwidth full of
loads of channels broadcasting mindless guff.....no, wait.....!

--

Brian
Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Oh its easy. You do a risk assessment that says 'this is bloody risky'
and everyone is satisfied.

It reminds me of a project I worked on. Elf and safety got at it first
and created a detailed safety case several hundred pages long, each page
having multiple dire warnings. So project development started and each
move forward was accompanied with 17 moves back to account for each
safety case item. This was a defence project, and it looked as if it
wasn't going to be finished, ever, because the safety business was so
onerous. Then a war broke out. Project finished in three months.

"Tear up that document and finish the bloody job."
Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:

All so as you can watch your new digital telly;!..

One instance where you'd better be sure the holes do line up..

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/sandyheath/dso/dso1.php

Bringing a helicopter all the way from Switzerland seems a bit
excessive.
Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y

The phrase 'On balance, this is the safest of all possible options'
reads better if something does go wrong.

Yes, but it still looks to me like a job where an occasional expenses
claim for new underpants would be well justified.

Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y

In article , Steve Firth
scribeth thus
tony sayer wrote:

All so as you can watch your new digital telly;!..

One instance where you'd better be sure the holes do line up..

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/sandyheath/dso/dso1.php

Bringing a helicopter all the way from Switzerland seems a bit
excessive.

Its doing many other sites and a lot quicker when theres only so much of
the summer and fine weather;!...

And a bit safer too, they sometimes use a rigging jig for this job and a
few have collapsed mainly in the USofA...

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/stockla...dso/shdso5.php

The one at Mendip used a co-axial rotor..

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/mendip/mendip11.php
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:

Bringing a helicopter all the way from Switzerland seems a bit
excessive.

Its doing many other sites and a lot quicker when theres only so much of
the summer and fine weather;!...

But Super Pumas (and the talent to fly them) are available in the UK.
Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y

On 29 May, 15:30, Lobster wrote:
tony sayer wrote:
All so as you can watch your new digital telly;!..

One instance where you'd better be sure the holes do line up..

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/sandyheath/dso/dso1.php

Cool, thanks for that.

I'm surprised the elf'nsafety mob allowed them to have that stonking
great thing lowered by chopper on to that teeny tiny platform, with all
those guys perched on it. *Looked a bit too reminiscent of that that old
pub game using skittles and a pendulum...

Bar skittles.
Or extreme shove ha'penny.

Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 May 2009 13:38:12 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

All so as you can watch your new digital telly;!..

One instance where you'd better be sure the holes do line up..

And not get your fingers caught between the bits...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y

Lino expert wrote:
On 29 May, 15:30, Lobster wrote:
tony sayer wrote:
All so as you can watch your new digital telly;!..
One instance where you'd better be sure the holes do line up..
http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/sandyheath/dso/dso1.php

Cool, thanks for that.

I'm surprised the elf'nsafety mob allowed them to have that stonking
great thing lowered by chopper on to that teeny tiny platform, with all
those guys perched on it. Looked a bit too reminiscent of that that old
pub game using skittles and a pendulum...

Bar skittles.
Or extreme shove ha'penny.

At the 'plate glass' University I went to we had 'Mangold Dangling' in
Freshers' Week where one team would stand on one leg on upturned crates
arranged in a circle around a maypole from which hung a bale of straw
which the opposing team took a turn each in swinging. There was a
'ladder', made more interesting by the losing team having to buy the
winning team a drink. Towards the end it was a matter of time, would
the swinging party just let go of the bale without aiming or would the
targets simply fall over anyway.

Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y

Lino expert wrote:
On 29 May, 15:30, Lobster wrote:
tony sayer wrote:
All so as you can watch your new digital telly;!..

One instance where you'd better be sure the holes do line up..

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/sandyheath/dso/dso1.php

Cool, thanks for that.

I'm surprised the elf'nsafety mob allowed them to have that stonking
great thing lowered by chopper on to that teeny tiny platform, with
all those guys perched on it. Looked a bit too reminiscent of that
that old pub game using skittles and a pendulum...

Bar skittles.

And the same to you.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y

In message
,
Lino expert writes
On 29 May, 15:30, Lobster wrote:
tony sayer wrote:
All so as you can watch your new digital telly;!..

One instance where you'd better be sure the holes do line up..

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/sandyheath/dso/dso1.php

Cool, thanks for that.

I'm surprised the elf'nsafety mob allowed them to have that stonking
great thing lowered by chopper on to that teeny tiny platform, with all
those guys perched on it. *Looked a bit too reminiscent of that that old
pub game using skittles and a pendulum...

Bar skittles.
Or extreme shove ha'penny.

Duh - devil amongst the tailors

--
geoff
Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember tony sayer
saying something like:

And a bit safer too, they sometimes use a rigging jig for this job and a
few have collapsed mainly in the USofA...

I notice somebody didn't trust the old spigot at all.
Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y

On 29 May, 13:38, tony sayer wrote:
All so as you can watch your new digital telly;!..

One instance where you'd better be sure the holes do line up..

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/sandyheath/dso/dso1.php
--
Tony Sayer

http://www.esbnyc.com/index2.cfm
http://www.thecabinet.com/darkdestin...state_building

Thanks for that! Amazing! Lots of guys fell off the ESB, and it's got
lots of mw dishes at the top. What goes through them is a matter of
popular demand. Don't blame the architects and engineers! [You can
easily google lots of ESB history!]
--
Yrs,
John.