Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Bit of a Con Really - Follow-up ...

William Sommerwerck wrote:
The ability of most consumers to do more than make a mess is
very unlikely. Even someone like myself, having calibrated displays
for 30 years, can't do much to align a color management system
without a GOOD meter. I can get gray scale improved, but not really
accurate.

Does anyone make cheap-but-good instrumentation? I could justify a $500
investment.

(I can hear you laughing now.)

Not at all:
http://spyder.datacolor.com/product-mc-s2e.php

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Bob Larter" wrote in message
William Sommerwerck wrote:

The ability of most consumers to do more than make a mess is
very unlikely. Even someone like myself, having calibrated displays
for 30 years, can't do much to align a color management system
without a GOOD meter. I can get gray scale improved, but not really
accurate.

Does anyone make cheap-but-good instrumentation? I could justify
a $500 investment. (I can hear you laughing now.)

Not at all: http://spyder.datacolor.com/product-mc-s2e.php

And the Spyder will let me set up my Pioneer Kuro correctly? Because that's
what we were discussing.

I already have a huey, which did a decent job on my computer monitor.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
"Bob Larter" wrote in message
William Sommerwerck wrote:

The ability of most consumers to do more than make a mess is
very unlikely. Even someone like myself, having calibrated displays
for 30 years, can't do much to align a color management system
without a GOOD meter. I can get gray scale improved, but not really
accurate.

Does anyone make cheap-but-good instrumentation? I could justify
a $500 investment. (I can hear you laughing now.)

Not at all: http://spyder.datacolor.com/product-mc-s2e.php

And the Spyder will let me set up my Pioneer Kuro correctly? Because
that's
what we were discussing.

I already have a huey, which did a decent job on my computer monitor.

My experience with the spyder products and other tristimulus colorimeters
such as those from xrite and sencore (really just a version of the xrite
products) is that they are a poor choice for anything other than gray scale.
If you want to adjust a CMS properly, you need a spectrophotometer. The
minimum useful would be the i1 pro.

Leonard

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y

William Sommerwerck wrote:
"Bob Larter" wrote in message
William Sommerwerck wrote:

The ability of most consumers to do more than make a mess is
very unlikely. Even someone like myself, having calibrated displays
for 30 years, can't do much to align a color management system
without a GOOD meter. I can get gray scale improved, but not really
accurate.

Does anyone make cheap-but-good instrumentation? I could justify
a $500 investment. (I can hear you laughing now.)

Not at all: http://spyder.datacolor.com/product-mc-s2e.php

And the Spyder will let me set up my Pioneer Kuro correctly? Because that's
what we were discussing.

I already have a huey, which did a decent job on my computer monitor.

In that case, you might be able to rig up some way of using it on your
Pioneer.