Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default bricking it over lintel

Never done a catnic-style lintel before. Now I found out yesterday it
is impossible to fit in a worthwhile mortar bed, 3mm lintel plate and
another mortar bed all into 10mm so line up with either side. I could
have increased the mortar thickness for one course, but it would have
looked poor. In the end, I bedded the lintel properly (ended up about
8mm I think), and almost dry bedded the first brick onto the lintel.
No real problem there - its just one brick tucked in amongst all the
others.
I am going to put in a solider course over the lintel, and I'll cut
the bricks down slightly so they fit.
But, how is this usually done ?
Cheers,
Simon.

bricking up a window Stephen[_2_] UK diy 5 August 4th 08 11:30 AM
stove, bricking up opening misterroy UK diy 1 November 7th 06 09:48 PM
bricking up windows leakd3 UK diy 2 July 23rd 05 09:30 AM
Today's "Bricking it" and floor/ceiling construction question cs UK diy 0 June 13th 05 02:12 PM
Bricking up bodged window installation [email protected] UK diy 2 February 25th 04 04:13 PM