Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Meter Change

I called my electricity supplier to change from Economy 7 to a single
tariff. I was told they need to change the meter - I am a bit surprised as
it is only a year old and will give "Total Used" as well as separate Day and
Night readings.

I couldn't understand the logic.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
I called my electricity supplier to change from Economy 7 to a single
tariff. I was told they need to change the meter - I am a bit surprised as
it is only a year old and will give "Total Used" as well as separate Day and
Night readings.

I couldn't understand the logic.

I expect they are worth more than the single rate meters, and as the
meter readers are a bit slow sometimes and muddle the readings up, it
should prevent this from happening!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
I called my electricity supplier to change from Economy 7 to a single
tariff. I was told they need to change the meter - I am a bit surprised as
it is only a year old and will give "Total Used" as well as separate Day and
Night readings.

I couldn't understand the logic.

I have had the same with 2 different houses. Given what the companies
pay perhaps the employees find it too complicated or have too high a
workload and errors creep in. (I am having a pop at the companies NOT
their employees here).
Neither time have they tried to charge for the meter change.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Toby" wrote in message
John wrote:
I called my electricity supplier to change from Economy 7 to a single
tariff. I was told they need to change the meter - I am a bit surprised
as it is only a year old and will give "Total Used" as well as separate
Day and Night readings.

I couldn't understand the logic.

I expect they are worth more than the single rate meters, and as the meter
readers are a bit slow sometimes and muddle the readings up, it should
prevent this from happening!

A bit slow

The one we had in the other day stank of pee

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
I called my electricity supplier to change from Economy 7 to a single
tariff. I was told they need to change the meter - I am a bit surprised as
it is only a year old and will give "Total Used" as well as separate Day and
Night readings.

I couldn't understand the logic.

I recently changed to single rate and they left the original meter. They
just add the two readings together. That EDF.

Peter Scott

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 May, 13:35, "John" wrote:
..

I couldn't understand the logic.

This is a utility company; do you really expect logic?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I expect they are worth more than the single rate meters, and as the
meter readers are a bit slow sometimes and muddle the readings up, it
should prevent this from happening!

Having had an Option 14 meter in a few years ago, I can confirm my
meter wasn't read properly once in over 3 years until I had it
removed.

The readings were transposed as against Economy 7, and I ended up
having to correct the bills every time - if I didn't know that the
rates were "flipped"...