Posted to uk.d-i-y
dmc dmc is offline

Default Makita pressure washer?

Just seen https://www.screwfix.com/prods/69806 being pimped in an email
from Screwfix.

Seems cheap for a Makita (didn't know they did pressure washers...).

Any views on how good it is - I remember people saying you wanted to
avoid plastic heads to the pump... this claims to have a wobble disc
pump. Aren't they normally piston pumps?

Makita wouldn't badge crap....would they?

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dmc wrote:
Just seen https://www.screwfix.com/prods/69806 being pimped in an
email from Screwfix.

Seems cheap for a Makita (didn't know they did pressure washers...).

They don't :-) Badge engineering. Prolly made by FAIP or similar.

Any views on how good it is - I remember people saying you wanted to
avoid plastic heads to the pump... this claims to have a wobble disc
pump. Aren't they normally piston pumps?

The wobble disc/swash plate drives the pistons.

Makita wouldn't badge crap....would they?

Probably not knowingly, but pressure washers aren't their business, so they
wouldn't know them in depth,

Induction motor is a good thing. 'Double sealed pistons' is good marketing
speak!

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Should have added;
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...ure_washer_FAQ

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 May, 18:24, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Should have added;http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...ure_washer_FAQ

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

How about: http://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products...om.asp?ID=3450

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Should have
added;http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...ure_washer_FAQ

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

How about:
http://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products...om.asp?ID=3450

Comes from a good stable, originally KEW, bough by Alto, then Nilfisk. Much
better flow rate, decent hose length, 2 year warranty. Twice the price of
the Makita though.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Should have
added;http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...ure_washer_FAQ

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

How about:
http://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products...om.asp?ID=3450

Comes from a good stable, originally KEW, bough by Alto, then Nilfisk. *Much
better flow rate, decent hose length, 2 year warranty. *Twice the price of
the Makita though.

Why is an equivalent Karcher so expensive?

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Is an aluminium pump a very good thing?

I just tried out the new Nilfisk pressure washer we have and it's
great- it is the 100 pound one from cleanstore, my only gripe is the
universal motor but we only use it a few times in a year so I hope
it's not going to give us trouble.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

You right; ://www.faippowerwasher.com/store.php

Any views on how good it is - I remember people saying you wanted to
avoid plastic heads to the pump... this claims to have a wobble disc
pump. Aren't they normally piston pumps?

The wobble disc/swash plate drives the pistons.

Makita wouldn't badge crap....would they?

Probably not knowingly, but pressure washers aren't their business, so they
wouldn't know them in depth,

Induction motor is a good thing. *'Double sealed pistons' is good marketing
speak!

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Should have
added;http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...ure_washer_FAQ

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

How about:
http://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products...om.asp?ID=3450

Comes from a good stable, originally KEW, bough by Alto, then
Nilfisk. Much better flow rate, decent hose length, 2 year warranty.
Twice the price of the Makita though.

Why is an equivalent Karcher so expensive?

Marketing would be my guess.

Is an aluminium pump a very good thing?

No, aluminium is just a good thing, brass is a very good thing.
'Engineering Plastic' is a pile of ****e.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Should have
added;http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...ure_washer_FAQ

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

How about:
http://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products...om.asp?ID=3450

Comes from a good stable, originally KEW, bough by Alto, then
Nilfisk. Much better flow rate, decent hose length, 2 year warranty.
Twice the price of the Makita though.

Why is an equivalent Karcher so expensive?

Marketing would be my guess.

Is an aluminium pump a very good thing?

No, aluminium is just a good thing, brass is a very good thing.
'Engineering Plastic' is a pile of ****e.

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the information.