Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 50mm waste pipe?

Hi,

I need to Tee in to the main soil stack for our new shower waste which
is 50mm. What the best method of doing this as the boss connectors and
straps Ive been able to find so far will only accommodate 40mm?

Thanks,
Matthew
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Matthew" wrote
Hi,

I need to Tee in to the main soil stack for our new shower waste which
is 50mm. What the best method of doing this as the boss connectors and
straps Ive been able to find so far will only accommodate 40mm?

Thanks,
Matthew

http://shop.parkerbs.com/product/MAR...WS420_L0 8859

maybe?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Matthew wrote:
Hi,

I need to Tee in to the main soil stack for our new shower waste which
is 50mm. What the best method of doing this as the boss connectors and
straps Ive been able to find so far will only accommodate 40mm?

Thanks,
Matthew

BES sell a 50mm boss adapter

http://www.bes.co.uk/ page 136 (under plumbing/soil & vent pipe fixings)
suitable strap bosses on page 135
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Matthew
saying something like:

I need to Tee in to the main soil stack for our new shower waste which
is 50mm. What the best method of doing this as the boss connectors and
straps Ive been able to find so far will only accommodate 40mm?

You could cut a 50+mm hole in the side of the stack, insert the 50mm
pipe by an inch and plaster around it with epoxy, if that will stick to
the PVC or whatever it's actually made of.
Rough as hell, though. Are you sure you can't find 50mm fittings? There
are some around.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Matthew coughed up some electrons that declared:

Hi,

I need to Tee in to the main soil stack for our new shower waste which
is 50mm. What the best method of doing this as the boss connectors and
straps Ive been able to find so far will only accommodate 40mm?

Thanks,
Matthew

You don't need epoxy or strap on bosses.

I've just done this very deed.

For a wide range of 50mm solvent stuff, where I got mine:

http://www.fascias.com/index.html?ta...tml&lang=en-gb

For the final junction to certainly a Floplast (and probably Hunter) boss:

https://supreme1.sslpowered.com/cgi-...txt&item=00035

Screwfix sell the same for the 40 and 32mm.

Bit of silicone spray or fairy liquid to help the 50mm pipe in and you're
good.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks for the tips I will be able to sort it out now
Im sure.

Matthew
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Matthew coughed up some electrons that declared:

Thanks for the tips I will be able to sort it out now
Im sure.

Matthew

Here's mine (oh-err!):

http://photos.dionic.net/v/public/bu..._0035.jpg.html

The boss rubbers you see straight on are 40mm. The ones to the right are
50mm. The main boss is available in black, grey, maybe brown and sometimes
white.

Cheers

Tim