Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sources for two odd components?

Hi,

Bit of a loss here - after much searching.

I need:

2 x 135degree 82mm solvent weld offset bends in black, or an equivalent way
to get an 82mm sewer vent pipe out and around a gutter (160mm lateral
offset needed). Don't really want pushfit, as there's be 900mm of pipe
wobbling around on top, unsupported, save for the support it can get from
the lower section (bolted to wall).

Also, I would like a "runner" u-trap in 40mm - that's one that can be
mounted mid section, rather than having one end terminate to a sink. This
is for a shared appliance trap servicing two[1] appliance stand pipes.

[1] Or more likely one, as after the house is finished the washing machine
will move to be replaced by a freezer. One trap avoids having the redundant
trap dry out due to lack of use and will be plenty adequate. The idea is to
have the trap under the stairs for easier access (rather than pull machine
out) and tee two standpipes of this.

I briefly saw a mention of a runner trap weeks ago and being an idiot,
forgot to save a reference!

Ta

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim S coughed up some electrons that declared:

Also, I would like a "runner" u-trap in 40mm - that's one that can be
mounted mid section, rather than having one end terminate to a sink. This
is for a shared appliance trap servicing two[1] appliance stand pipes.

This became easier when I worked out, with the aid of Google, that the term
is "running" not "runner"

Found some on ebay

Cheers

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim S" wrote in message
Hi,

Bit of a loss here - after much searching.

I need:

2 x 135degree 82mm solvent weld offset bends in black, or an equivalent
way
to get an 82mm sewer vent pipe out and around a gutter (160mm lateral
offset needed). Don't really want pushfit, as there's be 900mm of pipe
wobbling around on top, unsupported, save for the support it can get from
the lower section (bolted to wall).

What are you measuring to get 82mm and do you really mean 82mm? I would
expect a sewer vent pipe to be 4 inch - plastic pipe is measured by the bore
in inches and 4" would be about 115mm OD. Three inch pipe would be 89mm OD
while 2.5 inch pipe would be 73mm OD. 82mm is not a dimension I recognise.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

nightjar coughed up some electrons that declared:

"Tim S" wrote in message
Hi,

Bit of a loss here - after much searching.

I need:

2 x 135degree 82mm solvent weld offset bends in black, or an equivalent
way
to get an 82mm sewer vent pipe out and around a gutter (160mm lateral
offset needed). Don't really want pushfit, as there's be 900mm of pipe
wobbling around on top, unsupported, save for the support it can get from
the lower section (bolted to wall).

What are you measuring to get 82mm and do you really mean 82mm? I would
expect a sewer vent pipe to be 4 inch - plastic pipe is measured by the
bore in inches and 4" would be about 115mm OD. Three inch pipe would be
89mm OD while 2.5 inch pipe would be 73mm OD. 82mm is not a dimension I
recognise.

Colin Bignell

Yep - I mean 82mm - that's the quoted size (aka 3" I guess) - it's the
nomenclature used by Hunter Plastics. Sewer vent pipes must be =75mm ID
according to building regs, hence choice of pipe. 110 is unnecessarily big
to dangle up the side of a building when the sole purpose is to vent the
local drain run.

Incidentally - I've always heard the modern 4" referred to as "110"
not "115".

Cheers

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim S" wrote in message
nightjar coughed up some electrons that declared:

Bit of a loss here - after much searching.

I need:

2 x 135degree 82mm solvent weld offset bends in black, or an equivalent
way
to get an 82mm sewer vent pipe out and around a gutter (160mm lateral
offset needed). Don't really want pushfit, as there's be 900mm of pipe
wobbling around on top, unsupported, save for the support it can get
from
the lower section (bolted to wall).

Cheers

Tim

Try http://www.bes.co.uk/products/130a.asp - BES, despite their rather
unorthodox website, are a good source of all the bits you cant find
elsewhere.

Charles F

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim S" wrote in message
[...]

I've not seen anyone else use that size, but it is pushfit and each
manufacturer has their own ideas about pushfit sizes. I rather doubt you
will find a solvent weld connection to suit a pushfit pipe In some cases,
depending upon material, pushfit pipe may not solvent weld at all..

110 is unnecessarily big
to dangle up the side of a building when the sole purpose is to vent the
local drain run.

4" is the common choice, because that usually is easier to match to the
underground pipes . You could use a standard 89mm OD 3" pipe instead, which
would have the connectors you want.

Incidentally - I've always heard the modern 4" referred to as "110"
not "115".

It should still be referred to as 4 inch, but, as many people today have
never used inches, millimetres have become popular in retail based
businesses. The OD of a BS PVC pipe is near enough 115mm, whatever the
retail trade decides to call it. The size is set by the need to be able to
cut a 4" BSP thread on it.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 21, 12:35*am, Tim S wrote:
Hi,

Bit of a loss here - after much searching.

I need:

2 x 135degree 82mm solvent weld offset bends in black, or an equivalent way
to get an 82mm sewer vent pipe out and around a gutter (160mm lateral
offset needed). Don't really want pushfit, as there's be 900mm of pipe
wobbling around on top, unsupported, save for the support it can get from
the lower section (bolted to wall).

Guttering places seem to be the best online places for this stuff - I
think it's also used for large capacity gutters.

http://www.apexsouthwest.co.uk/ecommerce/?cat=73 for example. You'd
need a 112 degree offset bend and a 112 bottom offset bend.

Our local plumbers' merchants also sell a reasonable range because
it's quite common for soil pipes around here. Last place I got an odd
component from was Burnley Plumbing Supplies, who also sell on eBay,
so they would probably do mail order.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Charles Fearnley coughed up some electrons that declared:

Try http://www.bes.co.uk/products/130a.asp - BES, despite their rather
unorthodox website, are a good source of all the bits you cant find
elsewhere.

Charles F

I think I almost found one. Diagram looks right, but the diagrams are often
wrong.

As it happens whilst I was waiting for BES to answer the phone, google
turned up with:

www.cdaquatics.co.uk

who do a range of very interesting oddball fittings, many of which I have
not seen elsewhere. Ordered what I needed.

Quick call confirmed they were uPVC and waste pipe grade. Guess they sell
them for interconnecting fish farm ponds and tanks and stuff.

Cheers

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim S coughed up some electrons that declared:

Tim S coughed up some electrons that declared:

Also, I would like a "runner" u-trap in 40mm - that's one that can be
mounted mid section, rather than having one end terminate to a sink. This
is for a shared appliance trap servicing two[1] appliance stand pipes.

This became easier when I worked out, with the aid of Google, that the
term is "running" not "runner"

Found some on ebay

Cheers

Tim

And I found what I wanted he

http://www.uktradeheatingsupplies.co...0-p-15765.html

which looks like:

http://www.polypipe.com/polypipe/con...categoryID=280

Yea...

Cheers

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 21 May 2009 00:35:31 +0100, Tim S wrote:

Also, I would like a "runner" u-trap in 40mm - that's one that can be
mounted mid section, rather than having one end terminate to a sink. This
is for a shared appliance trap servicing two[1] appliance stand pipes.

running traps available from good PMs including BES

--
John Stumbles

I used to be forgetful but now I ... um ....

Help with SMD Components Michael Kennedy Electronics Repair 8 October 16th 07 11:13 PM
looking for sources for candelabra components marc rosen Woodworking 0 July 17th 06 02:28 AM
TV components SG Electronics Repair 1 January 14th 05 07:40 PM
Where to buy components? Suraj Singh Electronics Repair 7 August 27th 04 04:20 AM
VCR components Mark UK diy 9 August 6th 03 03:59 PM