Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hanging wallpaper .. reverse hang alternates ?

I see on the roll of wallpaper there are instructions to reverse hang
each alternate drop.
The pattern is very small stripes.
Not opened the roll yet and I just wondered why the reverse hang
instructions.

Mike P
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike" wrote in message
I see on the roll of wallpaper there are instructions to reverse hang
each alternate drop.
The pattern is very small stripes.
Not opened the roll yet and I just wondered why the reverse hang
instructions.

Mike P

Perhaps if the stripes are not quite perfectly straight, hanging them
alternately averages out differences (to the eye).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike wrote:

I see on the roll of wallpaper there are instructions to reverse hang
each alternate drop.
The pattern is very small stripes.
Not opened the roll yet and I just wondered why the reverse hang
instructions.

They have arranged it so that what you get is effectively a
pattern repeat of twice the paper width, with the design mirrored
about the join line.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
Mike wrote:

I see on the roll of wallpaper there are instructions to reverse hang
each alternate drop.
The pattern is very small stripes.
Not opened the roll yet and I just wondered why the reverse hang
instructions.

They have arranged it so that what you get is effectively a
pattern repeat of twice the paper width, with the design mirrored
about the join line.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.

I would be concerned that any directional texture effect would show up.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 20 May 2009 16:55:49 +0100, "John"
wrote:

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
.. .
Mike wrote:

I see on the roll of wallpaper there are instructions to reverse hang
each alternate drop.
The pattern is very small stripes.
Not opened the roll yet and I just wondered why the reverse hang
instructions.

They have arranged it so that what you get is effectively a
pattern repeat of twice the paper width, with the design mirrored
about the join line.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.

I would be concerned that any directional texture effect would show up.

Still not opened it yet, but I can see the vertical pattern lines run
out on the edges ... will keep you all posted wth the result ..
starting Friday.

Mike P