Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default wiki - Covering a roof

I have tried to split the section on tiling a roof
to include slating and other coverings,
have i done it right?

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...Slating_a_Roof

then when i find out how to cut and drill my slates
it can be in the wiki...

ok?

george
Posted to uk.d-i-y

george (dicegeorge) wrote:
I have tried to split the section on tiling a roof
to include slating and other coverings,
have i done it right?

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...Slating_a_Roof

then when i find out how to cut and drill my slates
it can be in the wiki...

ok?

george

the contents list at the top will tell you if its how you wanted it to
come out. The heading/subheading levels are
=
==
===
====
with each one being a subsection of the heading type above it.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

george (dicegeorge) wrote:
I have tried to split the section on tiling a roof
to include slating and other coverings,
have i done it right?

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...Slating_a_Roof

Yup, looks ok. The section on Covering a roof now has three subsections
- tiling, slating, and other.

then when i find out how to cut and drill my slates
it can be in the wiki...

ok?

Certainly!

(I expect there are two routes for cutting - the "proper" way with a
little upstand metal "thing" and a large heavy blade that one uses to
scissor off the edge with, and the traditional uk.d-i-y solution of an
angle grinder!)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
george (dicegeorge) wrote:
I have tried to split the section on tiling a roof
to include slating and other coverings,
have i done it right?

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...Slating_a_Roof

Yup, looks ok. The section on Covering a roof now has three subsections -
tiling, slating, and other.

then when i find out how to cut and drill my slates
it can be in the wiki...

ok?

Certainly!

(I expect there are two routes for cutting - the "proper" way with a
little upstand metal "thing" and a large heavy blade that one uses to
scissor off the edge with, and the traditional uk.d-i-y solution of an
angle grinder!)

and with one of these:
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/45072/...-Cutter-Punch#
It produces a sort of weathered edge if you mark out on the underside and
cut it face down. Good for cutting curves if you fancy a go at a fish scale
look.

mark

uk.d-i-y WIKI? Jason UK diy 3 January 18th 09 01:31 PM
Wiki: Oil [email protected] UK diy 63 January 3rd 09 09:49 AM
UK.d-i-y Wiki [email protected] UK diy 6 March 27th 07 01:03 PM
Flat dormer roof - best covering material? Keith \(Dorset\) UK diy 13 May 10th 05 11:46 AM
Flat roof -- covering holes and soft spots? Neil Covington Home Repair 3 September 21st 04 04:19 PM