Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wiki: Unidentified diying object

A few oddities for people to waste their time puzzling out:

http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index...._diying_object

If you know of any more...

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

coughed up some electrons that declared:

A few oddities for people to waste their time puzzling out:

http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index...._diying_object

If you know of any more...

NT

Well, it looks like it's moulded that way, and not just been cut on the face
edge, despite the fibres clinging on.

Beyond that...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12 May, 12:06, wrote:
A few oddities for people to waste their time puzzling out:

http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index...._diying_object

If you know of any more...

It's the day-old crust of a Furdwangler's butty.
Not to be confused with a Knurler's lunch.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Unidentified diying object

wrote in message
A few oddities for people to waste their time puzzling out:

http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index...._diying_object

If you know of any more...

NT

Just a couple of wild guesses as they are not things I use for DIY

a)Mushroom for scribing? I don't think people darn socks anymore.
b)The other fibrous item , could it be the business end of a wallpaper
stripper, looks like a yellow hose might be connected.

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lino expert wrote:
On 12 May, 12:06, wrote:
A few oddities for people to waste their time puzzling out:

http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index...._diying_object

If you know of any more...

It's the day-old crust of a Furdwangler's butty.
Not to be confused with a Knurler's lunch.

Or a sagger makers bottom knockers breakfast.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12 May, 22:01, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Lino expert wrote:
On 12 May, 12:06, wrote:
A few oddities for people to waste their time puzzling out:

http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index...._diying_object

If you know of any more...

It's the day-old crust of a Furdwangler's butty.
Not to be confused with a Knurler's lunch.

Or a sagger makers bottom knockers breakfast.

Nor indeed a brass-bound uncle frightener.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

mark wrote:
wrote in message
A few oddities for people to waste their time puzzling out:

http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index...._diying_object

If you know of any more...

NT

Just a couple of wild guesses as they are not things I use for DIY

a)Mushroom for scribing? I don't think people darn socks anymore.
b)The other fibrous item , could it be the business end of a wallpaper
stripper, looks like a yellow hose might be connected.

mark

Both of them have long discussion threads already, though where I dont
know. The wire in the macro pic is 1mm diameter, so the brown fibrous
thing is around 3mm thick. Looks and sounds like hardboard, but I know
for sure there was no hardboard there when I took that pic. I've never
managed to remember what the d--- thing was though!

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Lino expert wrote:
On 12 May, 12:06, wrote:
A few oddities for people to waste their time puzzling out:

http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index...._diying_object

If you know of any more...

It's the day-old crust of a Furdwangler's butty.
Not to be confused with a Knurler's lunch.

Or a sagger makers bottom knockers breakfast.

Nor indeed a brass-bound uncle frightener.

Sorry, cant agree. That contains many of the ingredients of a Knurlers
lunch, not 100% agreed, but enough to make it similar.

You appear to have completely forgotton Nark Fettering on Ice.

Tsk.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Lino expert wrote:
On 12 May, 12:06, wrote:
A few oddities for people to waste their time puzzling out:

http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index...._diying_object

If you know of any more...

It's the day-old crust of a Furdwangler's butty.
Not to be confused with a Knurler's lunch.

Or a sagger makers bottom knockers breakfast.

Nor indeed a brass-bound uncle frightener.

Sorry, cant agree. *That contains many of the ingredients of a Knurlers
lunch, *not 100% agreed, but enough to make it similar.

You appear to have completely forgotton Nark Fettering on Ice.

Tsk.

True, but then I'd want fries with that.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Lino expert wrote:
On 12 May, 12:06, wrote:
A few oddities for people to waste their time puzzling out:
http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index...._diying_object
If you know of any more...
It's the day-old crust of a Furdwangler's butty.
Not to be confused with a Knurler's lunch.
Or a sagger makers bottom knockers breakfast.
Nor indeed a brass-bound uncle frightener.

Sorry, cant agree. That contains many of the ingredients of a Knurlers
lunch, not 100% agreed, but enough to make it similar.

You appear to have completely forgotton Nark Fettering on Ice.

Tsk.

True, but then I'd want fries with that.

Mornington Crescent?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
It's the day-old crust of a Furdwangler's butty.
Not to be confused with a Knurler's lunch.

Or a sagger makers bottom knockers breakfast.

Didn't think you were old enough to remember that.

--
*I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
It's the day-old crust of a Furdwangler's butty.
Not to be confused with a Knurler's lunch.

Or a sagger makers bottom knockers breakfast.

Didn't think you were old enough to remember that.

I'm not, I just love trivia.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Lino expert wrote:
On 12 May, 12:06, wrote:
A few oddities for people to waste their time puzzling out:
http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index...._diying_object
If you know of any more...
It's the day-old crust of a Furdwangler's butty.
Not to be confused with a Knurler's lunch.
Or a sagger makers bottom knockers breakfast.
Nor indeed a brass-bound uncle frightener.
Sorry, cant agree. That contains many of the ingredients of a
Knurlers lunch, not 100% agreed, but enough to make it similar.

You appear to have completely forgotton Nark Fettering on Ice.

Tsk.

True, but then I'd want fries with that.

Mornington Crescent?

Only if we are playing according to Trumpington's Variations.

-- --
Mrs Trellis of North Wales

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway
Handyman writes
wrote:
Lino expert wrote:
On 12 May, 12:06, wrote:
A few oddities for people to waste their time puzzling out:

http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index...._diying_object
If you know of any more...
It's the day-old crust of a Furdwangler's butty.
Not to be confused with a Knurler's lunch.
Or a sagger makers bottom knockers breakfast.
Nor indeed a brass-bound uncle frightener.
Sorry, cant agree. That contains many of the ingredients of a
Knurlers lunch, not 100% agreed, but enough to make it similar.

You appear to have completely forgotton Nark Fettering on Ice.

Tsk.

True, but then I'd want fries with that.

Mornington Crescent?

Only if we are playing according to Trumpington's Variations.

If you're willing to accept the Salford deviation

--
H Blears (Mr.)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Or a sagger makers bottom knockers breakfast.

Didn't think you were old enough to remember that.

It was the mime that gave it away.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index....nidentified_di
ying_object

If you know of any more...

It's the day-old crust of a Furdwangler's butty.
Not to be confused with a Knurler's lunch.

Or a sagger makers bottom knockers breakfast.

Oh oh. Let's not start! It could be a slippery slope!

No, the slip would be hard by the time the knocker got involved.

:-)

--
He who laughs last, thinks slowest*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
It's the day-old crust of a Furdwangler's butty.
Not to be confused with a Knurler's lunch.
Or a sagger makers bottom knockers breakfast.

Didn't think you were old enough to remember that.

I'm not, I just love trivia.

OK - but it's a *saggar* maker's bottom knocker (or his breakfast).

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
It's the day-old crust of a Furdwangler's butty.
Not to be confused with a Knurler's lunch.
Or a sagger makers bottom knockers breakfast.

Didn't think you were old enough to remember that.

I'm not, I just love trivia.

I don't need the trivia, I just remembered the prog :-(

Gawd, I'm getting old and I'm not 63 till next month :-((

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

No, the slip would be hard by the time the knocker got involved.

Anybody'd think you knew what it meant...

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message , The Medway
Handyman writes
wrote:
Lino expert wrote:
On 12 May, 12:06, wrote:
A few oddities for people to waste their time puzzling out:

http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index...._diying_object

If you know of any more...
It's the day-old crust of a Furdwangler's butty.
Not to be confused with a Knurler's lunch.
Or a sagger makers bottom knockers breakfast.
Nor indeed a brass-bound uncle frightener.
Sorry, cant agree. That contains many of the ingredients of a
Knurlers lunch, not 100% agreed, but enough to make it similar.

You appear to have completely forgotton Nark Fettering on Ice.

Tsk.

True, but then I'd want fries with that.

Mornington Crescent?

Only if we are playing according to Trumpington's Variations.

If you're willing to accept the Salford deviation

No need, I was using the rarely used Euston Gambit!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
It's the day-old crust of a Furdwangler's butty.
Not to be confused with a Knurler's lunch.
Or a sagger makers bottom knockers breakfast.
Didn't think you were old enough to remember that.

I'm not, I just love trivia.

OK - but it's a *saggar* maker's bottom knocker.

Just remind me, what was the job he did?
I'm getting old now :-(

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14 May, 22:00, Dave wrote:
Rod wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
* The Medway Handyman wrote:
It's the day-old crust of a Furdwangler's butty.
Not to be confused with a Knurler's lunch.
Or a sagger makers bottom knockers breakfast.
Didn't think you were old enough to remember that.

I'm not, I just love trivia.

OK - but it's a *saggar* maker's bottom knocker.

Just remind me, what was the job he did?
I'm getting old now *:-(

Made the bottom of the saggar (something to protect things in a kiln
from being fire damaged)...unless you mean TMH, then it's decking.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lino expert wrote:
On 14 May, 22:00, Dave wrote:
Rod wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
It's the day-old crust of a Furdwangler's butty.
Not to be confused with a Knurler's lunch.
Or a sagger makers bottom knockers breakfast.
Didn't think you were old enough to remember that.
I'm not, I just love trivia.
OK - but it's a *saggar* maker's bottom knocker.

Just remind me, what was the job he did?
I'm getting old now :-(

Made the bottom of the saggar (something to protect things in a kiln
from being fire damaged)...unless you mean TMH, then it's decking.

Thanks for that, I remember now.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lino expert wrote:
On 14 May, 22:00, Dave wrote:
Rod wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
It's the day-old crust of a Furdwangler's butty.
Not to be confused with a Knurler's lunch.
Or a sagger makers bottom knockers breakfast.
Didn't think you were old enough to remember that.

I'm not, I just love trivia.

OK - but it's a *saggar* maker's bottom knocker.

Just remind me, what was the job he did?
I'm getting old now :-(

Made the bottom of the saggar (something to protect things in a kiln
from being fire damaged)...unless you mean TMH, then it's decking.

Oh thats right - sterotype me :-(

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15 May, 08:36, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Lino expert wrote:
On 14 May, 22:00, Dave wrote:
Rod wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
It's the day-old crust of a Furdwangler's butty.
Not to be confused with a Knurler's lunch.
Or a sagger makers bottom knockers breakfast.
Didn't think you were old enough to remember that.

I'm not, I just love trivia.

OK - but it's a *saggar* maker's bottom knocker.

Just remind me, what was the job he did?
I'm getting old now :-(

Made the bottom of the saggar (something to protect things in a kiln
from being fire damaged)...unless you mean TMH, then it's decking.

Oh thats right - sterotype me :-(

Well I could have daguerreotyped you, but the lens is broken.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Champ wrote:
No, the slip would be hard by the time the knocker got involved.

Anybody'd think you knew what it meant...

Sadly, I remember the actual What's My Line it was featured in. Got to the
age where I can't remember my own name some days.

--
*Pride is what we have. Vanity is what others have.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Andy Champ wrote:
No, the slip would be hard by the time the knocker got involved.

Anybody'd think you knew what it meant...

Sadly, I remember the actual What's My Line it was featured in. Got
to the age where I can't remember my own name some days.

The quality of this video reminds me of just what our TV looked like at the
time. I used to live in a windy part of N Wales where the reception was
dodgy. It used to be my duty to go outside on a cold and windy night to
gently tap the TV ariel into the best signal position using a washing line
clothes prop whilst my father observed the fruits of my efforts. Those were
the days!

http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/tv/adu...hatsmyline.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Clot wrote:
The quality of this video reminds me of just what our TV looked like at
the time.

No - it's a poor quality telecording (16mm film, taken from what is
essentially a TV set). The live pictures as viewed at home should have
been very much better.

I used to live in a windy part of N Wales where the reception
was dodgy. It used to be my duty to go outside on a cold and windy night
to gently tap the TV ariel into the best signal position using a washing
line clothes prop whilst my father observed the fruits of my efforts.
Those were the days!

Ah - that explains it. When TV first arrived in Aberdeen - my home town -
the transmitter at Redmoss was only a mile or so away across the valley.

--
*Ah, I see the f**k-up fairy has visited us again

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Andy Champ wrote:
No, the slip would be hard by the time the knocker got involved.

Anybody'd think you knew what it meant...

Sadly, I remember the actual What's My Line it was featured in. Got to the
age where I can't remember my own name some days.

I'm the same. I'm glad it's not altzimers (sp) though.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Andy Champ wrote:
No, the slip would be hard by the time the knocker got involved.

Anybody'd think you knew what it meant...

Sadly, I remember the actual What's My Line it was featured in. Got to
the age where I can't remember my own name some days.

I'm the same. I'm glad it's not altzimers (sp) though.

My mother had late onset alzheimer's (it's in my spell check) which became
apparent at almost 90. Lived another 6 years. It's horrible for others to
see - but one doctor said extreme sufferers might be perfectly happy in
their own little world.

--
*Few women admit their age; fewer men act it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Dave wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Andy Champ wrote:
No, the slip would be hard by the time the knocker got involved.

Anybody'd think you knew what it meant...
Sadly, I remember the actual What's My Line it was featured in. Got to
the age where I can't remember my own name some days.

I'm the same. I'm glad it's not altzimers (sp) though.

My mother had late onset alzheimer's (it's in my spell check) which became
apparent at almost 90. Lived another 6 years. It's horrible for others to
see - but one doctor said extreme sufferers might be perfectly happy in
their own little world.

Thanks for the spelling Dave.

One major problem with this computer is that I did a full re install
about a month ago and due to visitors, I have not yet got my spell
checker up and running with thunderbird.

One problem with alzhimeimers is that they tend to set off for a walk
and foget where they are going and where they have come from :-(

Regards

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave wrote:

My mother had late onset alzheimer's (it's in my spell check)

snip

Thanks for the spelling Dave.

snip
One problem with alzhimeimers

cough cough Ever hear of copy and paste?

Andy :P

What is this unidentified counting thingy? Gareth Magennis Electronic Schematics 5 March 17th 09 01:39 PM
Unidentified compression driver Gareth Magennis Electronic Schematics 1 September 8th 08 11:05 PM
unidentified component radio10 Electronics Repair 4 July 27th 06 09:50 AM
Unidentified Timber IanF Woodworking 0 September 28th 05 11:50 PM
Unidentified timber IanF Woodworking 15 September 18th 05 12:38 PM