Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boiler noises

Combination boiler is making horrible scary noises when I run the hot tap.

How can I put this right?

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

mark coughed up some electrons that declared:

Combination boiler is making horrible scary noises when I run the hot tap.

How can I put this right?

mark

What sort of noises? Screeches, bangs, buzzing?

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 May 2009 10:59:22 +0100, Tim S wrote:

mark coughed up some electrons that declared:

Combination boiler is making horrible scary noises when I run the hot tap.

How can I put this right?

mark

What sort of noises? Screeches, bangs, buzzing?

Is it OK if you run the central heating?

What's the system pressure (on the pressure gauge)?

Does it make the smae noises at all flow rates?

What make & model is the boiler?

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

The astronomer married a star
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 May 2009 10:41:18 +0100, mark wrote:

Combination boiler is making horrible scary noises when I run the hot tap.

How can I put this right?

Earplugs?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"YAPH" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 May 2009 10:59:22 +0100, Tim S wrote:

mark coughed up some electrons that declared:

Combination boiler is making horrible scary noises when I run the hot
tap.

How can I put this right?

mark

What sort of noises? Screeches, bangs, buzzing?

Is it OK if you run the central heating?

What's the system pressure (on the pressure gauge)?

Does it make the smae noises at all flow rates?

What make & model is the boiler?

Biasi, M90F 28S about 5 years old.
No probs with central heating riunning alone.

0.5 bar
Water temp on the boiler dial gets to about 70deg.

Noises are loud, screeching, gurgling, banging.
Happens at medium flow rates or if washing machine is on.

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 May 2009 07:49:52 -0500, Jules
had this to say:

On Tue, 12 May 2009 10:41:18 +0100, mark wrote:

Combination boiler is making horrible scary noises when I run the hot tap.

How can I put this right?

Earplugs?

Angle grinder. It'll mask the noises.

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 May 2009 14:43:19 +0100, mark wrote:

Biasi

ah, there's yer problem guv ;-)

, M90F 28S about 5 years old.
No probs with central heating riunning alone.

0.5 bar

What happens if you put the system pressure back up to 1 bar?

Water temp on the boiler dial gets to about 70deg.

Does it have a water temperature control? How's the problem if you turn
this down?

Noises are loud, screeching, gurgling, banging.
Happens at medium flow rates or if washing machine is on.

It sounds as if possibly the water is boiling in the primary heat
exchander. Does this model heat the DHW directly in the primary heat
exchanger, or indirectly via a plate heat exchanger? Are you in a hard
water area? Is the scale inhibitor correctly topped up with snake oil? :-)

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , mark
writes
Combination boiler is making horrible scary noises when I run the hot tap.

How can I put this right?

Earplugs ....

Or some basic, useful information

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12 May, 14:43, "mark" wrote:
"YAPH" wrote in message

On Tue, 12 May 2009 10:59:22 +0100, Tim S wrote:

mark coughed up some electrons that declared:

Combination boiler is making horrible scary noises when I run the hot
tap.

How can I put this right?

mark

What sort of noises? Screeches, bangs, buzzing?

Is it OK if you run the central heating?

What's the system pressure (on the pressure gauge)?

Does it make the smae noises at all flow rates?

What make & model is the boiler?

Biasi, M90F *28S * about 5 years old.
No probs with central heating riunning alone.

0.5 bar
Water temp on the boiler dial gets to about 70deg.

Noises are loud, screeching, gurgling, banging.
Happens at medium flow rates or if washing machine is on.

mark- Hide quoted text -

0.5 Bar? ? should it not be closer to 1.5 Bar?

RObert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"YAPH" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 May 2009 14:43:19 +0100, mark wrote:

Biasi

ah, there's yer problem guv ;-)

Fitted properly in a clean system, they are no problem.

, M90F 28S about 5 years old.
No probs with central heating riunning alone.

0.5 bar

What happens if you put the system pressure back up to 1 bar?

Water temp on the boiler dial gets to about 70deg.

Does it have a water temperature control? How's the problem if you turn
this down?

Noises are loud, screeching, gurgling, banging.
Happens at medium flow rates or if washing machine is on.

It sounds as if possibly the water is boiling in the primary heat
exchander. Does this model heat the DHW directly in the primary heat
exchanger, or indirectly via a plate heat exchanger? Are you in a hard
water area? Is the scale inhibitor correctly topped up with snake oil? :-)

Sound lime the plate heat exchanger is blocked. Best replace.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"YAPH" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 May 2009 14:43:19 +0100, mark wrote:

Biasi

ah, there's yer problem guv ;-)

, M90F 28S about 5 years old.
No probs with central heating riunning alone.

0.5 bar

What happens if you put the system pressure back up to 1 bar?

Water temp on the boiler dial gets to about 70deg.

Does it have a water temperature control? How's the problem if you turn
this down?

Noises are loud, screeching, gurgling, banging.
Happens at medium flow rates or if washing machine is on.

It sounds as if possibly the water is boiling in the primary heat
exchander. Does this model heat the DHW directly in the primary heat
exchanger, or indirectly via a plate heat exchanger? Are you in a hard
water area? Is the scale inhibitor correctly topped up with snake oil? :-)

I increased the pressure to 1bar and has crept up to 1.5 bar. Since then I
have been unable to recreate the noise.
So hopefully 'tis cured. Thank you.

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12 May, 10:41, "mark" wrote:
Combination boiler is making horrible scary noises when I run the hot tap.

How can I put this right?

mark

Don't run the hot tap!

Gas Meter noises robert UK diy 9 April 6th 08 09:31 PM
Broken Worcester Highflow boiler (banging noises) [email protected] UK diy 5 July 29th 07 11:20 AM
Boiler noises Bart C UK diy 1 December 23rd 05 03:51 PM
combi boiler noises kd UK diy 3 October 17th 05 11:19 AM
Potterton Lynx 2 Combi boiler noises Steve UK diy 8 February 19th 05 03:34 PM