Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Makita TD020 Charger

I'm not happy. My incredibly useful TD020 impact driver works fine, but
the charger has gone wrong.

When I switch it on the green lamp flashes for a few seconds, then I get
flashing red and green alternating. This happens with no battery or with
either battery in the receptacle. Never been used anywhere but a clean
dry room.

Anyone had this? Any answers? I bought it just over a year ago and
intend to take it up with the retailer.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod wrote:
I'm not happy. My incredibly useful TD020 impact driver works fine, but
the charger has gone wrong.

When I switch it on the green lamp flashes for a few seconds, then I get
flashing red and green alternating. This happens with no battery or with
either battery in the receptacle. Never been used anywhere but a clean
dry room.

Anyone had this? Any answers? I bought it just over a year ago and
intend to take it up with the retailer.

Mine is still going strong - not that is any consolation.

The retailer ought to fix it (you can push em quite hard, given its a
quality tool - expectations, etc). Failing that I would talk to Makita.
Normally they are good with problems like this. (they replaced all three
batts on a mate's drill when they seemed to suffer a shorter than
expected life).

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
Rod wrote:
I'm not happy. My incredibly useful TD020 impact driver works fine,
but the charger has gone wrong.

When I switch it on the green lamp flashes for a few seconds, then I
get flashing red and green alternating. This happens with no battery
or with either battery in the receptacle. Never been used anywhere
but a clean dry room.

Anyone had this? Any answers? I bought it just over a year ago and
intend to take it up with the retailer.

Mine is still going strong - not that is any consolation.

So is mine, just to rub it in :-)

The retailer ought to fix it (you can push em quite hard, given its a
quality tool - expectations, etc). Failing that I would talk to
Makita. Normally they are good with problems like this. (they
replaced all three batts on a mate's drill when they seemed to suffer
a shorter than expected life).

Makita are very good & very quick with repairs. Well worth sending their
service dept an e mail.

Update on my Makita autofeed screwdriver. They replaced the entire front
end & said that the problem was the SF collated screws I ws using. They
supplied me with 2000 Makita own brand collated screws with square head
recess. Robertson?

Tried it in anger on a deck & it works almost 100% reliably. Really fast in
use.

I'm miffed about having to use Makita brand screws, not so much the price,
but I have to order them ahead of time instead of just picking them up from
SF.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

The Medway Handyman wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
Rod wrote:
[...]

I was wondering about that story as I posted my question. Thanks for
letting us know.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
dmc dmc is offline

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:

I'm miffed about having to use Makita brand screws, not so much the price,
but I have to order them ahead of time instead of just picking them up from
SF.

Stupid question but...

I assume you've tried it with the screwfix screws since having it repaired?
Still no better?

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dmc wrote:
In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:

I'm miffed about having to use Makita brand screws, not so much the
price, but I have to order them ahead of time instead of just
picking them up from SF.

Stupid question but...

I assume you've tried it with the screwfix screws since having it
repaired? Still no better?

I have and it wasn't.

That was my point with Makita though, if I'd known it could only be used
with a specific make of screw I wouldn't have bought it, I'd have gone for
another make.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Makita on E Bay The Medway Handyman UK diy 17 January 1st 08 01:09 PM
Makita Battery/Charger Question Bankerjohn Home Repair 2 September 14th 06 12:03 PM
Makita Charger DC1414 [email protected] UK diy 3 March 4th 06 01:39 AM
Makita Charger Bob Electronics Repair 13 February 13th 06 02:10 PM
Makita Charger Bob Electronics Repair 1 February 9th 06 12:43 AM