Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Checking an Electricity meter

Dave Liquorice wrote:

Watch
the "no standing charge" tariffs, they can be rather expensive if you
don't always use all the required tier 1 units.

Shouldn't that be the other way round? If you're on a standing charge tariff
and use very few units in the charging period then you'll be paying the
full standing charge despite very little energy used.

--
Mike Clarke
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 05 May 2009 14:16:33 +0100, Mike Clarke wrote:

Watch the "no standing charge" tariffs, they can be rather expensive if
you don't always use all the required tier 1 units.

Shouldn't that be the other way round? If you're on a standing charge
tariff and use very few units in the charging period then you'll be
paying the full standing charge despite very little energy used.

Erm, sometimes... with the figures from real tariffs I have in my spread
sheet ATM 3 units/day is cheaper overall on the standing charge tariff.
Above or below that is more expensive but the "no SC" tariff has a lower
Tier 2 rate than the SC one.

And you are forgetting Equipower. No standing charge at all and price per
unit between that of a cheap standing charge tariff and the tier 1 rate of
a "no standing charge one". B-) I shall have to add Equipower to my
spread sheet...

--
Cheers
Dave.