Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Quick 3 port valve question

My valve has V4073A1039 written on the back. Is a V4073 the same as this?

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Smith wrote:

My valve has V4073A1039 written on the back. Is a V4073 the same as
this?
Bob

Yes and no! There are several versions of the V4073A, with different water
connections as follows:

V4073A1039
22mm compression. 6.0 KV. Maximum
close-off differential pressure 0.69 bar

V4073A1054
As above, but 3/4" BSP Female

V4073A1088
28mm compression. 8.1 KV. Maximum
close-off differential pressure 0.55 bar

V4073A1062
As above, but 1" BSP Female

All the above taken from Honeywell's spec sheet. No idea what the 6.0 and
8.1 KV refer to!

HTH!
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Smith wrote:
My valve has V4073A1039 written on the back. Is a V4073 the same as this?

If this is a question on replacement for one that has failed, you are
aware that the head actuator is available separately?

Mine unfortunately last me a couple of years, either the switch dies or
the motor. I now have enough to do Frankenstein remodels.

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian C" wrote in message
Bob Smith wrote:
My valve has V4073A1039 written on the back. Is a V4073 the same as
this?

If this is a question on replacement for one that has failed, you are
aware that the head actuator is available separately?

Mine unfortunately last me a couple of years, either the switch dies or
the motor. I now have enough to do Frankenstein remodels.

In my case, motors from eBay for about a fiver, micro-switches
salvaged from scrap microwave door interlock.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian C wrote:
Bob Smith wrote:
My valve has V4073A1039 written on the back. Is a V4073 the same as
this?

If this is a question on replacement for one that has failed, you are
aware that the head actuator is available separately?

Mine unfortunately last me a couple of years, either the switch dies or
the motor. I now have enough to do Frankenstein remodels.

A replacement for one where the valve is broken. The system was drained
down for over a year, and the valve will not close to the HW only
position. I took the head off and found it did not have full travel.

Bob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills wrote:
Bob Smith wrote:

My valve has V4073A1039 written on the back. Is a V4073 the same as
this?
Bob

Yes and no! There are several versions of the V4073A, with different water
connections as follows:

V4073A1039
22mm compression. 6.0 KV. Maximum
close-off differential pressure 0.69 bar

V4073A1054
As above, but 3/4" BSP Female

V4073A1088
28mm compression. 8.1 KV. Maximum
close-off differential pressure 0.55 bar

V4073A1062
As above, but 1" BSP Female

All the above taken from Honeywell's spec sheet. No idea what the 6.0 and
8.1 KV refer to!

HTH!

Thanks! As long as I get a 22mm one I should be fine.

KV to me would mean kilo volts. It must mean something else in this case.

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y
TW TW is offline

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
Bob Smith wrote:

My valve has V4073A1039 written on the back. Is a V4073 the same as
this?
Bob

Yes and no! There are several versions of the V4073A, with different water
connections as follows:

V4073A1039
22mm compression. 6.0 KV. Maximum
close-off differential pressure 0.69 bar

V4073A1054
As above, but 3/4" BSP Female

V4073A1088
28mm compression. 8.1 KV. Maximum
close-off differential pressure 0.55 bar

V4073A1062
As above, but 1" BSP Female

All the above taken from Honeywell's spec sheet. No idea what the 6.0 and
8.1 KV refer to!

Its the flow rate through the valve at a given differential pressure on the
system (a bit like a resistance value).

I have no idea how to correctly calculate the right one for a given system,
I generally (possibly wrongly) replace with the same as I took out.

TW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Smith wrote:

Thanks! As long as I get a 22mm one I should be fine.

KV to me would mean kilo volts. It must mean something else in this
case.
Bob

Yes - it certainly doesn't mean that in this case!

Looking more closely at the spec sheet, it appears to be something to do
with flow vs pressure drop - with the larger 28mm/1" valve passing a greater
flow at a given pressure drop than its smaller 22mm/ 3/4" cousin. I'm still
no wiser as to what KV stands for nor, indeed, CV where - according to the
chart - CV = 0.97 x KV ! FWIW, pressure drop seems to be measured in 'mwc' -
and I'm not sure what that is either.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bob Smith
writes
Roger Mills wrote:
Bob Smith wrote:

My valve has V4073A1039 written on the back. Is a V4073 the same as
this?
Bob

Yes and no! There are several versions of the V4073A, with different
water connections as follows:
V4073A1039
22mm compression. 6.0 KV. Maximum
close-off differential pressure 0.69 bar
V4073A1054
As above, but 3/4" BSP Female
V4073A1088
28mm compression. 8.1 KV. Maximum
close-off differential pressure 0.55 bar
V4073A1062
As above, but 1" BSP Female
All the above taken from Honeywell's spec sheet. No idea what the
6.0 and 8.1 KV refer to!
HTH!

Thanks! As long as I get a 22mm one I should be fine.

KV to me would mean kilo volts.

Or kV to the rest of us (kilo with a lower case "k")

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 02 May 2009 22:10:25 +0100, Roger Mills wrote:

Bob Smith wrote:

My valve has V4073A1039 written on the back. Is a V4073 the same as
this?
Bob

Yes and no! There are several versions of the V4073A, with different water
connections as follows:

Also IIRC some versions are diverters, some are mid-position.

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

This message has been rot13 encrypted twice for added security

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , YAPH
writes

Bob Smith wrote:

My valve has V4073A1039 written on the back. Is a V4073 the same as
this?
Bob

Yes and no! There are several versions of the V4073A, with different water
connections as follows:

Also IIRC some versions are diverters, some are mid-position.

Is that not the V4043 ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 03 May 2009 22:12:02 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message , YAPH

Also IIRC some versions are diverters, some are mid-position.

Is that not the V4043 ?

Dunno, and cba to chase the specs, but ISTR ordering a vanilla Honeywell
3-port over th'interwub blithely assuming that only the first 6 characters
of the part code would be significant and finding I'd got the diverter
rather than the mid-pos.

--
John Stumbles

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous