Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Freeing stubborn tap head gear

Hi,

I've got a really stubborn tap head gear that won't shift. I've tried
penetrating oil and applying heat to the tap but it won't move. I
can't get a ring spanner on it and I will be rounding off the nut or
breaking the whole tap if I keep trying with an open ended spanner.
It's an expensive and fancy mixer tap so I don't want to wreck it.

Any "magic" solutions, please?

TIA, Mark.