Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Rob is offline

Default 7-day digital timer plug - clarafication

I have what Maplin calls a 7-day digital timer plug and although I
have the instructions I cannot get it to work as I want.
(In one application I intend to control a Fax machine:
only on in office hours and 5 work days per week).

In my timer there are 9 "week patterns" (e.g. Mon, Wed, Fri) plus 7
individual days, and 10 on/off possibilities.
I have assumed that this means that I first set a pattern, then the on/
off times within this pattern.
That is, patterns do not overlap. Is this correct ?
A link on this group in 2003 about a Micromark timer plug suggests
that the programmes do run concurrently (http://nanohelix.tripod.com/
BQ7DayTimer.pdf).

The instructions that I have seem to "blur" these two settings:
patterns then times.
I just have buttons for Clock, Prog, Day, Hours, Min, Manual (cycle
through On, Auto, Off) and Reset.

I need to know how to set a pattern and then be sure that the on/off
times are applied to this pattern.
Can anyone with a similar device advise me, please?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rob" wrote in message
[...]

On the 7 day electronic timers I have, from the normal clock display, you
press

Prog (To select program 1 - ON)
The use hour and min to set the time you want it to come on
then press the day button to select either the single day, or the pattern of
days
then press prog again to select the off time for program 1

So in your situation, you would select
program 1 to come on at 09:00 Monday - Fri
then the next program to turn it off at 17:30, again on Monday to Friday

Leave all the other programs blank.

Toby....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 12, 1:19*pm, "Toby" wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message

[...]

Toby....- Hide quoted text -

Toby,
Many thanks for your reply (sorry, clarafication s/b clarification)

If I've got it right, the sequence for the Fax would be:
1. PROG (displays 1 On), set hour:minute to 9:00;
2. Cycle through DAY until the Mon to Fri pattern appears;
3. PROG (displays 1 Off), set hour:minute to 17:30;
4. Cycle through DAY until the Mon to Fri pattern appears;
5. CLOCK to end programming mode.
(Not the way I would design the thing, but . . . )

Is my impression right that once the device is in operation ALL
programs
are running? For example, suppose it is Monday,
Prog 1 On (Mon to Fri) 09:00
Prog 1 Off (Mon to Fri) 17:30
would be turned off at 10:00 by
Prog 2 Off (Mon, Tues, Wed) 10:00

Question: have you found a way of clearing a timer setting back to
--:-- ?
Recessed RESET button clears the entire device, including the current
time.
Not sure what On=00:00, Off=00:00 does but anyway not so neat as
--:-- .
Cheers,
Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Topaz wrote:
On Apr 12, 1:19 pm, "Toby" wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message

[...]

I would assume having a program 1 of on at 09:00 and off at 17:30 Mon - Fri
and a program 2 of just off at 10:00 on Mon - Wed

Best thing would be to try it (You can always change the time and date on it
to see what will happen, without having to wait!!

If you set any of them to come on or off at 00:00 this does mean midnight,
so if you have a program set to come on and go off at 0:00 do check what
actually happens at midnight (Especially if your device is programmed to be
on at midnight already.

Toby...

So

Toby...;

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14 apr, 17:00, "Toby" wrote:
Topaz wrote:
On Apr 12, 1:19 pm, "Toby" wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message

[...]

Toby...;- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

Just in case someone else has some questions about this "family" of
digital timer, I have put
some notes I made up on Flickr. These cover:
- a solution to the reset problem mentioned here
- a worked example of a realistic program

Link:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3655/...42ec4b65_b.jpg
Cheers,
Rob

Plug in timer Mark Spice UK diy 8 May 14th 07 05:50 PM
Plug in Timer - Thermostatic? David P UK diy 6 February 24th 06 04:54 PM
Digital socket timer The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 0 November 11th 05 10:48 AM
digital timer question scott canale Electronics Repair 7 April 1st 05 02:51 AM