Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A bad experience with Autobulbs Direct

I wanted LED replacement bulbs for my van.

I wasn't certain which was the right model from their website.

I sent an email (with my vehicle details), and asked.

They sent a link to the product on their website (or rather Kim
Stubbings did).

I ordered it.

It arrived.

It's the wrong one.

I've now had a very frustrating conversation with Peter Stubbings.

Haven't got the correct product (1 month delay).

Can't refund my postage if I send it back.

Don't accept it's their mistake.

Aren't willing to take any steps to put matters right.

Oh and the boss of Autobulbs Direct is a Chris Stubbings - a family
business where the customer is always wrong.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 8, 3:08*pm, " wrote:
I wanted LED replacement bulbs for my van.

I wasn't certain which was the right model from their website.

I sent an email (with my vehicle details), and asked.

They sent a link to the product on their website (or rather Kim
Stubbings did).

I ordered it.

It arrived.

It's the wrong one.

I've now had a very frustrating conversation with Peter Stubbings.

Haven't got the correct product (1 month delay).

Can't refund my postage if I send it back.

Under distance selling regs you have a cooling off period to cancel
the order for any reason whatsoever. Inform them in writing (or any
other "durable medium") within 7 days of recipt and they must give a
full refund within 30 days.

See http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/cons...returnthegoods

Since the goods are not as described, you also have a statutory right
to cancel under the Sale Of Goods Act which means that the supplier
cannot charge for recovering them (see Q4). All you have to do is make
them available for collection.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Man at B&Q" writes:
On Apr 8, 3:08*pm, " wrote:
[...]

If you really have reached the end of the road with the company,
I would see if you can get a refund from your credit card company.
(I only ever did this once, and found the card company most helpful
and obliging -- indeed they said I should have come to them earlier
and saved myself the hassle.) If you do get a refund, then you should
advise the company that their goods are available for collection, if
they wish to do so, or you will dispose of them after some period
(say, 3 months).

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

If you really have reached the end of the road with the company,
I would see if you can get a refund from your credit card company.

Only any good for purchases over £100.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Downie" wrote in message
Andrew Gabriel wrote:

If you really have reached the end of the road with the company,
I would see if you can get a refund from your credit card company.

Only any good for purchases over £100.

Tim

Legally - yes. But I have known a card company to get involved with lesser
amounts.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 8 Apr, 15:25, "Man at B&Q" wrote:

Under distance selling regs you have a cooling off period to cancel
the order for any reason whatsoever. Inform them in writing (or any
other "durable medium") within 7 days of recipt and they must give a
full refund within 30 days.

This trader is within their rights to only refund the cost of the
goods if the return is made under the distance selling regulations.
Their T&Cs state that they will refund the cost of the goods, DSR do
not require traders to refund the cost of the shipping. So the OP
would bear the costs of shipping both ways if they return the goods
under this piece of legislation.

Since the goods are not as described, you also have a statutory right
to cancel under the Sale Of Goods Act which means that the supplier
cannot charge for recovering them (see Q4). All you have to do is make
them available for collection.

The goods as I understand it are "as described" - the OP has ordered
say 1x H1 bulb and recieved what he ordered. The SOGA breach here is
the goods are not "Fit for Purpose Made Known" at time of sale.
Rejecting the goods under this would entitle the OP to a full refund
and the trader would bear the costs of shipping the bulb back.

As the OP has an email backing up his case that he was recommended the
wrong bulb this should be fairly straightforward to prove should the
trader fail to refund quickly and this has to go to Trading Standards.

Kind Regards

Willie
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 07:08:01 -0700 (PDT)
" wrote:

I wanted LED replacement bulbs for my van.

I wasn't certain which was the right model from their website.

I sent an email (with my vehicle details), and asked.

They sent a link to the product on their website (or rather Kim
Stubbings did).

I ordered it.

It arrived.

It's the wrong one.

I've now had a very frustrating conversation with Peter Stubbings.

Haven't got the correct product (1 month delay).

Can't refund my postage if I send it back.

Don't accept it's their mistake.

Aren't willing to take any steps to put matters right.

Oh and the boss of Autobulbs Direct is a Chris Stubbings - a family
business where the customer is always wrong.

Do not pass go. Go directly to Trading Standards. They are the most
helpful Govinmint Agency that I have ever dealt with - not quick though.

R.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "
saying something like:

I wanted LED replacement bulbs for my van.

I wasn't certain which was the right model from their website.

I sent an email (with my vehicle details), and asked.

They sent a link to the product on their website (or rather Kim
Stubbings did).

I ordered it.

It arrived.

It's the wrong one.

How so? How clear was the illustration and description of the product?
Are you sure you ordered the right one and they sent the wrong one?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

It's the wrong one.

How so? How clear was the illustration and description of the product?
Are you sure you ordered the right one and they sent the wrong one?

They emailed me a clickable link, saying "this is the right one".

I clicked on the link and paid.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember "
saying something like:

I wanted LED replacement bulbs for my van.

I wasn't certain which was the right model from their website.

I sent an email (with my vehicle details), and asked.

They sent a link to the product on their website (or rather Kim
Stubbings did).

I ordered it.

It arrived.

It's the wrong one.

How so? How clear was the illustration and description of the product?
Are you sure you ordered the right one and they sent the wrong one?

Given that car makers can supply the wrong parts even against a chassis
number, I'd say it's up to the buyer to some extent to make sure a non
standard part is suitable.

--
*Two wrongs are only the beginning *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember "
saying something like:

I wanted LED replacement bulbs for my van.

I wasn't certain which was the right model from their website.

I sent an email (with my vehicle details), and asked.

They sent a link to the product on their website (or rather Kim
Stubbings did).

I ordered it.

It arrived.

It's the wrong one.

How so? How clear was the illustration and description of the product?
Are you sure you ordered the right one and they sent the wrong one?

Given that car makers can supply the wrong parts even against a chassis
number, I'd say it's up to the buyer to some extent to make sure a non
standard part is suitable.

For trade - yes, retail no. There is a duty on the supplier to ensure the
correct part is supplied. If there is some uncertainty, then it is the duty
of the supplier to ask the relevant questions.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Fred wrote:
Given that car makers can supply the wrong parts even against a chassis
number, I'd say it's up to the buyer to some extent to make sure a non
standard part is suitable.

For trade - yes, retail no.

A dealer will supply both trade and public. Makes no difference to the
fact that parts are sometimes supplied incorrectly against the correct
information. And if the car maker sometimes can't get it right with their
own parts it's not surprising an aftermarket supplier can make 'mistakes'
too. In other words it's possible they are supplying what the maker says
is used.

There is a duty on the supplier to ensure
the correct part is supplied. If there is some uncertainty, then it is
the duty of the supplier to ask the relevant questions.

I'd expect most who want to change the type of bulb used in a car to know
what they're asking for.

Not that this excuses the seller for refusing to refund correctly.

--
*Real men don't waste their hormones growing hair

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember RubberBiker saying
something like:

It's the wrong one.

How so? How clear was the illustration and description of the product?
Are you sure you ordered the right one and they sent the wrong one?

They emailed me a clickable link, saying "this is the right one".

I clicked on the link and paid.

Fair enough, their fault, imo. Reason I ask is that there seem to be a
few variations on rear lamps now, where there used to be just a couple.

Experience with "Direct Buy?" djay Home Repair 20 April 8th 08 11:11 PM
how to re-direct sunlight Stuart Noble UK diy 8 January 16th 07 09:32 AM
Direct Buy- is it a scam? [email protected] Home Repair 20 May 9th 06 08:38 PM
Direct Buy PipeDown Home Repair 4 May 9th 06 04:53 PM
direct me to the right group Jiaqing Wang Electronics 1 September 1st 03 04:10 PM