Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y

Default Pub's pink paintwork poses puzzle

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/h...cs/7967951.stm

Pete Butcher, West Mercia Police spokesman, added: "Police have been
unable to establish at this stage if the pink brushwork constitutes
criminal damage or whether it is some form of prank or publicity stunt
by persons unknown."

He said two men in overalls and carrying ladders and equipment painted
the pub in Church Lane about 0600 GMT on Tuesday.

They left a receipt under the door, which contained false details, he
said.

It will cost several thousands pounds to correct said police who have
appealed for information.

Mr and Mrs Smith, who have run the pub for six years, are planning to
return the pub to its original black and white state as soon as
possible.

Several thousand pounds to put right .Someone's aving' a larf surely?

Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y

. @ . wrote in message ...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/h...cs/7967951.stm

Pete Butcher, West Mercia Police spokesman, added: "Police have been
unable to establish at this stage if the pink brushwork constitutes
criminal damage or whether it is some form of prank or publicity stunt
by persons unknown."

He said two men in overalls and carrying ladders and equipment painted
the pub in Church Lane about 0600 GMT on Tuesday.

They left a receipt under the door, which contained false details, he
said.

It will cost several thousands pounds to correct said police who have
appealed for information.

Mr and Mrs Smith, who have run the pub for six years, are planning to
return the pub to its original black and white state as soon as
possible.

Several thousand pounds to put right .Someone's aving' a larf surely?

Someone doesn't know the difference between an invoice and a receipt?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y

.. @ . wrote:

Several thousand pounds to put right .Someone's aving' a larf surely?

Indeed, I would be happy to paint it for that! Looks like all of half a
days work...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y

In message , John Rumm
writes
. @ . wrote:

Several thousand pounds to put right .Someone's aving' a larf surely?

Indeed, I would be happy to paint it for that! Looks like all of half a
days work...

Colour me some colour other than pink, but ,,, sounds like a good
publicity stunt to me

--
geoff
Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , John Rumm
writes
. @ . wrote:

Several thousand pounds to put right .Someone's aving' a larf surely?

Indeed, I would be happy to paint it for that! Looks like all of half a
days work...

Colour me some colour other than pink, but ,,, sounds like a good
publicity stunt to me

--
geoff

Perhaps it turns white when it dries!

Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message , John Rumm
writes
. @ . wrote:

Several thousand pounds to put right .Someone's aving' a larf surely?

Indeed, I would be happy to paint it for that! Looks like all of half
a days work...

Colour me some colour other than pink, but ,,, sounds like a good
publicity stunt to me

Publicity stunt for sure - people go to look pop in for a quick half etc

is there any alternative to sanding down paintwork? [email protected] UK diy 7 August 12th 08 09:58 PM
Polishing bloom out of car paintwork Drake UK diy 27 October 7th 06 10:12 PM
stripping OLD paintwork didds UK diy 10 November 19th 05 08:58 PM
Exterior paintwork Dan Welch UK diy 5 October 23rd 03 09:54 PM
Blobby paintwork Chris UK diy 4 September 10th 03 02:09 PM