Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CH Pump

Tis mega noisy vibration I'm getting...
well I've taken off the pump and found it rattles
Pump vanes all look intact, but it has a sideways movement
If you remove the grub screw on the front, poke in a screwdriver you can
move the pump inside about 5 mm in and out
bearing gone? or should they have this movement?
Is there a way to check the pump before I buy another?
TIA
--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Vass" wrote in message
Tis mega noisy vibration I'm getting...
well I've taken off the pump and found it rattles
Pump vanes all look intact, but it has a sideways movement
If you remove the grub screw on the front, poke in a screwdriver you can
move the pump inside about 5 mm in and out
bearing gone? or should they have this movement?
Is there a way to check the pump before I buy another?

S'ok, I took it apart
thanks
--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vass wrote:

"Vass" wrote in message
Tis mega noisy vibration I'm getting...
well I've taken off the pump and found it rattles
Pump vanes all look intact, but it has a sideways movement
If you remove the grub screw on the front, poke in a screwdriver you
can move the pump inside about 5 mm in and out
bearing gone? or should they have this movement?
Is there a way to check the pump before I buy another?

S'ok, I took it apart
thanks

And what did you find?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Corporal Jones" wrote in message

Vass wrote:

"Vass" wrote in message
Tis mega noisy vibration I'm getting...
well I've taken off the pump and found it rattles
Pump vanes all look intact, but it has a sideways movement
If you remove the grub screw on the front, poke in a screwdriver you can
move the pump inside about 5 mm in and out
bearing gone? or should they have this movement?
Is there a way to check the pump before I buy another?

S'ok, I took it apart
thanks

And what did you find?

lots of crap in the centre of the impellar
cleaned - re-fitted, quiet as a mouse now.
OK it means there is crap in the system, quite probably the old wicks boiler
is
internally decomposing but its getting changed this summer so I will perform
a proper flush then.
--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vass explained :
Tis mega noisy vibration I'm getting...
well I've taken off the pump and found it rattles
Pump vanes all look intact, but it has a sideways movement
If you remove the grub screw on the front, poke in a screwdriver you can move
the pump inside about 5 mm in and out
bearing gone? or should they have this movement?
Is there a way to check the pump before I buy another?
TIA

The shaft end float you mention, is quite normal as is some leakage on
older pumps.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
k...
Vass explained :
Tis mega noisy vibration I'm getting...
well I've taken off the pump and found it rattles
Pump vanes all look intact, but it has a sideways movement
If you remove the grub screw on the front, poke in a screwdriver you can
move the pump inside about 5 mm in and out
bearing gone? or should they have this movement?
Is there a way to check the pump before I buy another?
TIA

The shaft end float you mention, is quite normal as is some leakage on
older pumps.

yep thanks Harry
its all back together and behaving now
Cheers for the info